Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Wouldja d'ruther have a prez you can look down upon because you are so superior or one you can look up to because you're so inferior? Why?

Wouldja d'ruther have a prez you can look down upon because you are so superior or one you can look up to because you're so inferior? Why?

Posted - April 16, 2018

Responses

"All men are created equal." Nobody is superior or inferior to anyone else other than in abilities.
      April 16, 2018 1:37 PM MDT

I think I'm better and certainly fair'er being a natural honest blonde....:) 
      April 17, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

There are always exceptions, my dear.
      April 17, 2018 6:43 AM MDT

I completely disagree with thee.  All men are not created equal.  Some live miserable lives. The caste system in India for starters. Or children born to drug addicts who are addicted at birth. Or those with Down's Syndrome or Autism or unformed body parts whose survival is dicy. What makes you think "all men are created equal"?  Are the kids whose parents abuse/mistreat/ignore them equal?. They are not created equal to those children whose parents are loving and nurturing and healthy and wholesome and truthful and kind and caring. No one is created equal. Some luck out big time and others run out of luck while the only luck still others ever had was bad luck. "All men are created equal"  is just another lie that sounds awfully swell until you look around you and see for yourself how "unequal" we all are.  Just my opinion of course.. Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 17, 2018 6:55 AM MDT

Some are more equal than others (George Orwell, Animal Farm).
      April 17, 2018 7:03 AM MDT

Touche sweetie! Touche! Yes I giggled!  Thanks Sbf! :) I needed that!
      April 17, 2018 7:06 AM MDT

One sperm + one ovum = baby. Our situations may not be equal...including physical defects, but we were all created the same way. I am no better than the poor and homeless; and do not consider them inferior. I have known those with Down's syndrome...their behavior is far superior to many others I have met, even if their intellect is less. Just my opinion, of course.
      April 17, 2018 7:06 AM MDT

You are missing the point or you feel emboldened to challenge what I'm saying here. "All men are created equal" is not meant to be limited to the moment of conception Ele Yes. It takes egg and sperm. I grant you that. What does that have to do with the price of green cheese in Ireland?. The fact is no one is created equal to anyone else. We have different intellects which will play a part in our career paths and financial success most likely. We have different interests, different financial aspirations, different talents, different "breaks", different experiences, different tastes, different perceptions and different realities and different levels of comprehension which causes us to miss what others see or see what others miss. No one is created equal to anyone. It is all individual and specific and unique. In my opinion. You are comparing the behavior of Down's syndrome folks to intellect? Isn't that rather far-fetched?. One thing has zero to do with the other. We all have strengths and weaknesses and areas of mediocrity. I also grant you that. I dunno. It's just weird how folks that I kinda think are on the same wavelength as I am are so far afield in how they perceive some things, this being one of the them.. It happens. Okey dokey. You think what makes sense to you and I think what makes sense to me and we don't have to kill each other because of it.  SIGH . Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 17, 2018 7:19 AM MDT
      April 17, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

It means they are of equal worth to God.
      April 17, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

I'd rather have a President that had my back, but I've known for a long time that the power of power and money will make that impossible. These days, I don't think much of any President or the lies he/she spews.
      April 16, 2018 1:43 PM MDT

Well I have never in my life DESPISED a prez. Or anyone else fr that matter that I can recall Zack. Sure I've disliked some and really disliked others but DESPISE? This is my first. I don't like it at all but I cannot seem to rid myself of it. If the jacka** would just shut up and go away and leave us alone for awhile but no. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 17, 2018 6:57 AM MDT

I truly would give up the last vestiges of hope if I had a prez/PM who was an utter sleaze. You don't have to agree with them or their policies but to have one without honour, who is more interested in lining their own slimy pockets than in doing what's right and acting in the interests of the people and country - that's unthinkable. 
      April 16, 2018 3:52 PM MDT

Most British prime ministers fall into that category.

The way to measure their corruption is see how much money falls into their lap when they leave office. They can't actually receive bribes while they're in office. That would be noticed. The system just holds the money for them and when they leave office it's laundered by such absurdities as getting paid 300 grand for giving a speech etc etc.
      April 17, 2018 5:38 AM MDT

The parisites Tony Blair ,Gordon Brown and the piggy pervert John Prescot are all excellent examples of that....
    Blair needs armed police gaurd outside of his home where he chose to live in the heart of the expensive  Arab area community off the Edgeware road in London....

April 17, 2018 5:52 AM MDT

At least Blair never COMPLETELY FORGOT about his own daughter and left her in a pub. Neither did he accept a peerage (= privileged sinecure) like Attila the Hen.
      April 17, 2018 6:49 AM MDT

Who left daughter in a pub ...? A Prime Minister.....
    My parents left me in a pub once ....it was four hours before they remembered and came and found me....it was no big thing really ....
      April 17, 2018 11:59 AM MDT

Who was Attila the hen ? 
      April 17, 2018 12:00 PM MDT

Baroness Thatcher. Ding dong, the witch is dead. 
      April 17, 2018 6:41 PM MDT

This jacka** is unbelievably disgusting and maybe it's just a test from the Universe to give us someone this awful so we will appreciate whomever and whatever we get next. Nothing will ever be this bad. Maybe it's just a lesson we needed to learn. I dunno Addb! Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Tuesday to thee!  :)
      April 17, 2018 6:59 AM MDT

Neither. Superiority/inferiority isn't an issue. I want a Prez/PM who is actually sane and has the interests of the majority at heart rather than those of a privileged few. That description doesn't fit a single conservative on the planet,  they're always looking after the fat cats at the big end of town.
    Trump's economic policies actually do affect Australia, as it causes China to play tit-for-tat and we get caught in the crossfire - China is our biggest trading partner. And of course when a demented megalomaniac gets his tiny orange claws on the launch codes of the world's largest nuclear arsenal, that makes everybody nervous.
      April 17, 2018 6:57 AM MDT

I disagree with thee Sbf. I want someone smarter than I am, more knowledgeable, more diplomatic/calm/stable with foresight and an ability to comprehend/understand potential results of his/her actions. I don't want a Rosie to be prez for goodness sakes! Not in a million years. So we disagree. So what? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thy! :)
      April 17, 2018 7:04 AM MDT

You'd make a fair President, Rosie, but the issue is the same as that of McCain - at your age, the stress of the job might kill you. McCain might have been a decent Prez, but he faced a double whammy - running at the height of Bush2's GFC (when no Republican candidate was going to have a prayer), and allowing a complete dingbat to be foisted on him as a running mate.
      April 17, 2018 7:13 AM MDT

No no no no my friend. You give me much too much credit. I have NO PATIENCE. I AM NOT DIPLOMATIC. I'm above average intellectually but NOT FAR ABOVE ENOUGH to make the decisions I'd have to make intelligently. I would be a disaster. It doesn't matter about the age although for sure I am LESS PATIENT now than I was when I was younger. Oh my gosh I really do appreciate that you have some faith in me but trust me I know me and I just don't have the right stuff to do it. What do you think about Joe Biden running for prez? I don't know if he is seriously considering a run in 2020. I have always liked the guy but by then his age can't be an asset. Thank you for your reply Sbf! :) ((hugs)) That's just cuz you were so very kind to say what you did! :) You know McCain wanted Joe LIeberman but that was highjacked. I never really understood why except that maybe it was because he started out a Democrat?  Then we got the dingbat dolly. Oy vey and yikes and gadzooks. D'ya think the Palin would have been better than goofydoofylucy?  :( This post was edited by RosieG at April 17, 2018 7:31 AM MDT
      April 17, 2018 7:26 AM MDT

You'd have done what Reagan's puppet masters did - picked some clever advisers and paid attention to them. Slick Willy wasn't the most patient man in the world, but he balanced the books.
    I don't think Biden has what it takes. He reminds me of Jimmy Carter in a lot of ways - a nice guy but hasn't the balls to sit in the big chair. 
    Thank GOD we'll never have to find out what sort of Prez la Palin could have been. In some ways she might have been even worse than Trump, who had some intelligence (or low cunning at least) before his dotage. Sarah is a REALLY SPECIAL kind of stupid.
      April 17, 2018 7:40 AM MDT