Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does it bother you when someone here quotes the bible to make a point or try to prove something?

Does it bother you when someone here quotes the bible to make a point or try to prove something?

"The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it."

Posted - April 18, 2018

Responses

Judaism, of course. We are very practical people.
      April 22, 2018 7:07 PM MDT

Convert them to their particular brand of Christianity. :)

April 22, 2018 9:02 PM MDT

Not likely to happen. Once you have studied the Bible and know that God is not a trinity, the soul is not immortal, hell fire is a myth, Christians do not fight in wars and other Bible truths, hard for an honest person to go back to a traditional Church.

(Mark 7:13) Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”
      April 23, 2018 6:08 AM MDT

I had no clue this would happen. It was a simple question and a simple yes/no would have sufficed. It's kind of fun to see all of the folks having so much fun. 737 views...67 comments...and counting.
      April 22, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

Hello Element 99. The part that got my attention was the possible implication that ones like myself believe something like "The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it." without ever having investigated as to rather or not the Bible was inspired or not.
      April 22, 2018 10:42 AM MDT

That's cool. I am open minded about most things, but cynical of others. I know little about the Bible ( I have learnt a few things reading some comments here.) The arguments are good and so far, nobody has gotten nasty.
      April 22, 2018 10:54 AM MDT