Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Is TexasEscimo to religion and the Bible what Randy D is to English grammar?

Is TexasEscimo to religion and the Bible what Randy D is to English grammar?

~

Posted - April 18, 2018

Responses

He is a Grammar Witness. 
      April 19, 2018 1:10 AM MDT

I never noticed Randy's grammar. I try to be civil about Tex.
      April 19, 2018 2:21 AM MDT

Ah, remaining unremarked is the true mark of a master!
      April 19, 2018 4:56 AM MDT

Gee, thanks! Yours is one of the few replies I get that doesn't include the word 'moron'.
      April 19, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

Have you ever checked out the grammar in the Bible?
      April 19, 2018 4:53 AM MDT

That archaic throwback way of speaking in the King James version made my head spin even as a young kid. I remember asking in Sunday School or asking my mother (whose father was a Baptist preacher, but I did not grow up around him) things like, "what does 'verily' mean?" or "what does 'suffer me not' mean?" or "shouldn't that be 'begot'?"
    ~
      April 19, 2018 6:17 AM MDT

Yes. It is fascinating. For example:
    Luke 16
    22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
    23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

In Greek you do not begin a sentence with 'and'. The Greek word kai is translated "and" or "also" and the translation is determined by strict rules. Correctly translated it says "the rich man died also and was buried ALSO", which gives a very different meaning to the passage, refuting all the baggage that sloppy students attach to it.
      April 19, 2018 2:19 PM MDT

Very probably. And that answer can be read in a number of ways.
      April 19, 2018 11:02 AM MDT

99% of the time Randy D's statements can be referred to and judged by a standard that is generally agreed upon.

The same is not true for what TexasEscimo would like us to believe is true. 
      April 19, 2018 11:18 AM MDT

Lol. Not after popularity. I know your beliefs are as popular as skepticism towards the Bible but that don't make you right.
    (Luke 6:26) “Woe whenever all men speak well of you, for this is what their forefathers did to the false prophets.
    (Matthew 7:13, 14) “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

Just like the Catholic Church, your problem is with the Bible itself, not with me.
    (Mark 7:13) Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/55108/does-it-bother-you-when-someone-here-quotes-the-bible-to-make-a/view/page/1
    When you have time, I would like to get your thoughts on the subject you brought up abut "Which god is the real god?---Jesus or Jehovah?"

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/54875/the-u-s-told-you-iraq-used-chemical-weapons-and-we-went-to-war/view/post_id/467393
      April 19, 2018 1:22 PM MDT

I'm not after popularity either.  I am satisfied with speaking the truth and preaching the good news found in the bible.

---But I'm not sure exactly what motivates you.

But the gate you propose is nothing more than paint on the wall.

And again, the traditions of belief that the JW's have attempted to introduce into the world do make the word of God invalid, just as Mark warned us.

And if you even realize that God is a triune God, you will never ask the question about "Which god is the real god?---Jesus or Jehovah?"

And since there is nothing you can quote that proves and compels me to believe (or anyone else, for that matter) that your beliefs are accurate and mine are inaccurate---why not just tell me how believing in your God is better than believing in the one that I believe in.
      April 19, 2018 1:53 PM MDT

Quote: "I'm not after popularity either.  I am satisfied with speaking the truth and preaching the good news found in the bible.
    ---But I'm not sure exactly what motivates you.
    But the gate you propose is nothing more than paint on the wall."

That's ripe coming from you. You preaching the good news found in the Bible? Can you post a link to a thread where you have done that? You always shy away from the Bible and when I give scriptural reasoning  say things like "you assume the bible is the complete explanation of what God wanted us to understand.  You treat God as a "suspect" and do not allow him to further explain his teachings to us." You obviously know that what I say comes from the Bible and you are the one that scraps the Bible and teaches different doctrines.

Quote: "And again, the traditions of belief that the JW's have attempted to introduce into the world do make the word of God invalid, just as Mark warned us.
    And if you even realize that God is a triune God, you will never ask the question about "Which god is the real god?---Jesus or Jehovah?"
    And since there is nothing you can quote that proves and compels me to believe (or anyone else, for that matter) that your beliefs are accurate and mine are inaccurate---why not just tell me how believing in your God is better than believing in the one that I believe in."

You are so twisted. I give the scriptures and you reject them as if God has moved away from the apostles to the Popes and Bishops of your Church instead. The reason there is nothing I can quote that means anything to you is because your faith is in the very fallible men of the Catholic Church rather than God's word.
     You are the one that asked the question: "Which god is the real god?---Jesus or Jehovah?"

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/54875/the-u-s-told-you-iraq-used-chemical-weapons-and-we-went-to-war/view/post_id/467393

[You have shown me that the JW interpretation of the bible is a "jumbled free for all"---you show it in the conclusions that you derive from it.
    So Jesus is divine (a god) just like Jehovah?---Which god is the real god?---Jesus or Jehovah?
    Do you think that a war to prevent ISIS from continuing to kill innocent people is unjust?
    And you say I have "no understanding of the bible at all."
    Here's the category in which I file such statements by you:  Wishful Thinking 
    (Wishful thinking is the formation of beliefs and making decisions according to what might be pleasing to imagine instead of by appealing to evidence, rationality, or reality. It is a product of resolving conflicts between belief and desire.)]
    April 16, 2018 11:45 AM 

EDIT: Why do you insist on a triad nameless God and claim to know the scriptures yet can't show me where I can read about this 3n1 special?
    This post was edited by texasescimo at April 19, 2018 6:27 PM MDT
      April 19, 2018 4:17 PM MDT