Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does your vote count?

Does your vote count?

~

Posted - April 20, 2018

Responses

No, it just sits there.  Of course, that's really not its fault.  You see, as a vote it was never allowed to learn to count (votes aren't allowed in public schools).  
      April 20, 2018 9:40 AM MDT

• It seems to count for less on account of living in a more populous state, at least as far as the presidential election is concerned. I've felt it count more in local elections. 
      April 20, 2018 9:57 AM MDT

Thank you; good points. 
    ~
      April 20, 2018 10:11 AM MDT

My intent counts most of all. 

Yes, it counts.  That or an alternative that is more positive.  Sitting and doing nothing is not passive resistance.  It is giving up.

Passive resistance is going to the voting booth and sitting down and not voting.  That counts as well.

April 20, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

America got what it chose. Your belief that nefarious forces influenced the result is irrelevant. The result is the result. It's still legitimate, regardless of whether it was a wise decision or not in your opinion.

When the right loses an election we don't say that democracy is dead. We just accept we lost and fight back. You're such a sore loser. It's pathetic.
      April 20, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

How is sitting down and not voting different from sitting down and doing nothing? Both yield the same result.
      May 1, 2018 11:26 AM MDT

No, not at all. The real battle for the future is in the culture. The culture is what turns today's 5 year olds into tomorrow's voters. Everyone does their part to influence the culture. Our real vote is in how we spend our money and how we influence others. 

What we do to influence others has very little effect on the next election. The effect is very delayed. The world is like a huge ship that takes about 20 years to significantly change course.

April 20, 2018 11:14 AM MDT

I'm a serf. My Count votes.
      April 21, 2018 9:26 PM MDT

Yes in my state it does. We are a swing state and if my section of the state turns out to vote the Rep wins. If we stay home the Dem wins. 
    In my home state, no it did not matter in federal elections. Chicago would out vote the entire state. But it  did matter for local. 
      April 29, 2018 8:11 AM MDT