Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » Why would Amazon have a stupid policy of not letting me pay for my prime video subscription with my Amazon gift card?

Why would Amazon have a stupid policy of not letting me pay for my prime video subscription with my Amazon gift card?

My debit card was canceled because of unauthorized activity so I bought an Amazon gift card to pay for it until I could get a new debit card. I was not able to get my gift card applied to my subscription so I emailed Amazon and they replied that they could not let me pay with the gift card. I asked them this question that they did not answer. What difference does it make whether I pay the $8.99 with a debit card or with a gift card? Netflix letting me pay for their service with a Netflix gift card proves that Amazon's policy is stupid. Well I reckon l will have to cancel my subscription until I get my new debit card.

Posted - April 22, 2018

Responses

Not up with the times. It takes your hard knocks and loss of revenue to force them to change. Funny, these are the guys who think they are ready to use flying drones for delivery. This post was edited by O-uknow at April 23, 2018 7:44 AM MDT
      April 22, 2018 10:53 AM MDT

Gift cards run out of money and people stop paying when that happens. Using a credit or debit card increases the likelihood that your payments and subscription will continue. 
      April 22, 2018 10:02 PM MDT

Payments past what is due?
      April 22, 2018 10:52 PM MDT

Life is just harder for some than others.
      April 22, 2018 11:58 PM MDT

Just steal your mother's card like you did before.
      April 23, 2018 7:46 AM MDT

• We have a bookshop which gives a standard 20% discount on all purchases, but not on items purchased with their gift coupons. Silly. 
      January 1, 2019 6:12 PM MST