Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is the Second Coming not so much an alien invasion but like in the "Goldi Locks and the three Bears" story more like the

Is the Second Coming not so much an alien invasion but like in the "Goldi Locks and the three Bears" story more like the

Bears coming back home?

Posted - April 22, 2018

Responses

?? You have to explain what you are talking about. I only know of two second comings, and both are carefully described in the bible. Are you talking about something else?

Jesus returns twice. The first time he appears in the air and calls his followers to him. They then go to heaven for the wedding supper of the lamb, while the people left behind go through the adventures described in The Revelation To St. John (not "Revelations"). Jesus returns again roughly forty years later (I determined that myself on no authority) and touches down on The Mount Of Olives, which splits east/west. Witnesses who are familiar with the scriptures will run INTO the split to be saved.
      April 23, 2018 6:03 AM MDT

I disagree. But you are the only one I have met who admits that to believe in the rapture....Jesus has to come 3 times.
      April 26, 2018 11:52 AM MDT

Yup. Good point. :)
      April 27, 2018 9:15 AM MDT

I think JW's just got a compliment that was meant to be an insult?

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/55301/is-it-fair-to-have-higher-expectations-of-people-who-are-profess/view/page/3
    "The JW's have 3 major issues that completely taint your interpretation of the bible---they do not realize the one Abrahamic God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is a trinity) is the real God; they do not realize that the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ; and JW's think that God's explanation of the new reality established by the redemption is restricted to the bible..."
      April 28, 2018 4:31 AM MDT

"Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ"

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Just another example of a church twisting the scriptures to say something they don't say. It is dum to think a church could be founded on a flake like Peter. Yes, Petros means "rock": a little rock, small enough to be thrown about. Peter was the guy who was unhinged because a maid recognized him one night.  Jesus says "upon this PETRA, pointing back to himself. A PETRA is a big rock, a crag, strong enough for a foundation. 

There is nothing Christian about the Catholic Church.
      April 28, 2018 5:14 PM MDT

Yup, yet the Church of Tom and antibiotic at one time would have had you burned at the stake for saying that. They seem to have no qualms with that either. 
      April 28, 2018 11:06 PM MDT

God choose to work through men, few of which are known to be perfect.

Why do you refuse to accept His judgment in doing so?

Jehovah's Witnesses originated as a branch of the Bible Student movement, which developed in the United States in the 1870s among followers of Christian Restorationist minister Charles Taze Russell.

God saw the JW's coming and he left a question for you to answer:

Job 38:4-7 

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
        Tell me, if you understand.
    Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
        Who stretched a measuring line across it?
    On what were its footings set,
        or who laid its cornerstone—
    while the morning stars sang together
        and all the angels

May 6, 2018 1:29 PM MDT

The Illustration of Wheat and Weeds and the conclusion of the system of things given by Jesus at Matthew 13:24-30,36-43.showed that there was going to be an apostasy until the time of the end. The thought that some have held to the true teachings of the Bible from the time of the apostles is not supported by scripture.

Some of those strange teachings are: (1) Trinity, (2) Hellfire, (3) Immortal Soul, (4) Christmas, (5) Easter, (6) Choosing to not list God's name in the Bible, (7) Use of images in worship, (8) Clergy-Laity divide, (9) Involvement in armed conflict, (10) Rapture

APOSTASY FORETOLD.
    (Amos 8:11-12) “‘Look! There are days coming,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘and I will send a famine into the land, a famine, not for bread, and a thirst, not for water, but for hearing the words of Jehovah. 12 And they will certainly stagger from sea all the way to sea, and from north even to the sunrise. They will keep roving about while searching for the word of Jehovah, but they will not find [it].

(Acts 20:29-30) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. 

(2 Thessalonians 2:3-7) Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 5 Do YOU not remember that, while I was yet with YOU, I used to tell YOU these things? 6 And so now YOU know the thing that acts as a restraint, with a view to his being revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work; but only till he who is right now acting as a restraint gets to be out of the way.

(1 John 2:18) Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as YOU have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.
    (Jude 3-4) Beloved ones, though I was making every effort to write YOU about the salvation we hold in common, I found it necessary to write YOU to exhort YOU to put up a hard fight for the faith that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones. 4 My reason is that certain men have slipped in who have long ago been appointed by the Scriptures to this judgment, ungodly men, turning the undeserved kindness of our God into an excuse for loose conduct and proving false to our only Owner and Lord, Jesus Christ.
    (2 Peter 2:1-3) However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. 2 Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. 3 Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.
    (1 Timothy 4:1-3) However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, 2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron; 3 forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth.
    (2 Timothy 4:3-4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.
    Matthew 24:11) And many false prophets will arise and mislead many;

Knowledge abundant in the time of the end.
    (Daniel 12:3-4) “And the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever. 4 “And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.”
    (Daniel 12:9-10) And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.
    (Daniel 8:17) So he came beside where I was standing, but when he came I got terrified so that I fell upon my face. And he proceeded to say to me: “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of [the] end.”

(Revelation 1:1-3) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, even to all the things he saw. 3 Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near.
    (Revelation 22:10) He also tells me: Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, for the appointed time is near.
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    (Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances.

Jesus said we can know the truth. We have to pray for Holy Spirit to help our understanding, read with an open mind, and be willing to let go of any preconceived ideas as we find out that they are not really from the Bible. The Ethiopian Eunuch was humble enough to accept help from Philip and the Beroeans were humble enough to listen to Paul and check the scriptures closely to see if what Paul was saying was so as he reasoned with them from the scriptures.
    (Acts 17:2) So according to Paul’s custom he went inside to them, and for three sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
    (Acts 17:10-11) Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Be•roe′a, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes•sa•lo•ni′ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

Sometimes we need help like the Ethiopian eunuch. (Acts 8:26-40) We also need to consult all scriptures on a subject and let scripture interpret scripture.
    (Genesis 40:8) [...Do not interpretations belong to God?..."
    (2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,
    (1 Corinthians 4:6) {...that in our case YOU may learn the [rule]:Do not go beyond the things that are written...}
    (1 Thessalonians 5:21) Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine

We have been warned about traditions of man overstepping God’s word and false stories.
    (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
    (2 Peter 1:16) No, it was not by following artfully contrived false stories that we acquainted YOU with the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it was by having become eyewitnesses of his magnificence.
    (1 Timothy 1:3-4) Just as I encouraged you to stay in Eph′e•sus when I was about to go my way into Mac•e•do′ni•a, so I do now, that you might command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, 4 nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.
    (1 Timothy 4:7) But turn down the false stories which violate what is holy and which old women tell. On the other hand, be training yourself with godly devotion as your aim.
    (Hebrews 13:9) Do not be carried away with various and strange teachings; for it is fine for the heart to be given firmness by undeserved kindness, not by eatables, by which those who occupy themselves with them have not been benefited.
    (2 Peter 2:3) Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.
    (Colossians 2:8) Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;
    (2 Corinthians 10:3-5) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to [what we are in the] flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. 5 For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God; and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ;
    (Luke 6:46) “Why, then, do YOU call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?
    (Mark 7:8) Letting go the commandment of God, YOU hold fast the tradition of men.”
    (Mark 7:13) and thus YOU make the word of God invalid by YOUR tradition which YOU handed down. And many things similar to this YOU do.”

Proud of you for giving a scripture, although using it out of context, at least you tried.
      May 6, 2018 7:52 PM MDT

And no doubt you have a picture that shows Christ pointing back to himself. 
      May 6, 2018 1:31 PM MDT

Who else might he call a PETRA? After all, he said I will build my temple, not Peter.
      May 6, 2018 2:16 PM MDT

The second coming
    is greatly misunderstood.
    Many people expect that Jesus 
    will return to the Earth in a physical body 
    to take care of things.
         In reality the second coming
    is actually the resurrection of
    Christ Consciousness within ourselves.

April 23, 2018 7:03 AM MDT

With all due respect to you, that's not what the Bible says and what it says is quite clear and easy to understand.

Revelation 19:11-16  "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness, He judges and wages war. 12.And His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many diadems, and He has a name written upon Him which no one knows except Himself. 13.And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15.And from His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may smite the nations; and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the winepress of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

That's not Christ consciousness, that's Christ physically coming back to take care of things. Of course, if you don't believe what the Bible says then my comment amounts to a spit in the river. :)
      April 26, 2018 11:03 AM MDT