Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What's your favorite indulgence? Food, clothes, travel? Something else?

What's your favorite indulgence? Food, clothes, travel? Something else?

Posted - April 23, 2018

Responses

April 23, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

Sam Adams? Oh my gosh. Takes me back to 1999 when my kid worked for six months at a firm on Beacon Hill before he began his quest for his Ph.D. at UCLA. That began September 2000. Anyway while there he and his then-wife took us to a brew pub and we sampled a few beers. Sam Adams was quite the most popular OF COURSE. It was Massachusetts! Thank you for your reply Ele! ;)
      April 23, 2018 7:56 AM MDT

My pleasure. (hic)
      April 26, 2018 6:32 PM MDT

:):):)
      April 27, 2018 3:57 AM MDT

I really don't indulge in anything. Moderation works best for me. :)
      April 23, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

"Moderation is for Monks." Robert Heinlein.
      April 26, 2018 6:33 PM MDT

April 27, 2018 3:58 AM MDT

Odd that you bring up moderation. When I asked what your indulgence is there was nothing there about over-indulging. I would have asked the question in a different way. "What is your favorite over-indulgence?" But I didn't. The question asks how do you treat yourself?   Are you not worthy of being treated to something special on occasion? Why? Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Friday to you. This post was edited by RosieG at April 27, 2018 6:48 AM MDT
      April 27, 2018 3:47 AM MDT

• Travel. There's no substitute for being there as good as films, television and books might be.
      April 23, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

April 27, 2018 3:58 AM MDT

Shoes Rosie.....I'm told I'm an addict and far beyond help now......I have a huge room full of them....My family and whom I live with say Imelda MarcoĊ› is my Mentor ........:)D
      April 23, 2018 10:18 AM MDT

One of the stereotypes of being a female D! An addiction to shoes. While I did enjoy shoes in my younger days I always preferred wearing sandals and at home going barefoot. I can't remember the last time I bought shoes but it has been years...possibly decades. I find shoes confining and uncomfortable. Remember Bootsie on Answerbag? She LOVED boots. Anyway if you look up to Imelda for her shoes may I ask how many pairs YOU have or is that too nosy of Rosie? Thank you for your reply sweetie. You're a lovely young woman. Why wouldn't you love shoes? You probably are very stylish else-wise when it comes to clothing too. It's funny but Jim is the clotheshorse in our family.  When I worked I always shopped for good sales but  as a retiree I have more than enough clothes to last me to my triple-digit years! My mom, on the other hand, shopped all the time and when she passed my sister gave me many things that still had price tags on them that she had never worn! She was a Shopper Extraordinaire! :) ((hugs))
      April 27, 2018 3:54 AM MDT

Whisky, preferably malt Scotch. 
      April 23, 2018 10:36 AM MDT

I worked for a man who had his Scotch imported fron Scotland I guess Malizz. It was Glen something. I don't know if it was a malt Scotch. I don't know what that is. I've tasted Scotch and it tastes like medicine to me. I prefer vodka because it has no taste and it blends in well with any mixer. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      April 27, 2018 3:57 AM MDT

I believe he is referring to an un-blended single malt.
      April 27, 2018 6:50 AM MDT

Food, then wine.
      April 26, 2018 7:23 PM MDT

We have that in common. Food is at the top of my list always. As for wine Jim is very fond of the reds so we always have a Cabernet, Shiraz, Merlot or Petite Sirah on hand. For the white we like Chardonnay. We are NOT fond of sweet wines although early on when I first started drinking wine I found dry to be wine unpleasant. It's funny how your palate changes with time. A sweet wine with a meal? Not our cuppa tea.  Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      April 27, 2018 3:44 AM MDT

Whether alone or accompanied, domestic or foreign, without a doubt... TRAVELING!!!

April 26, 2018 9:27 PM MDT

I'm a terrible traveler bevo. All I do is complain. Everything about packing and getting to the airport and going through the lines and running to catch a plane and trying to find storage on the plane for your carryon when others have already put all their things above your seat so you have to struggle to find any space. Then the long unendurable flight. L.A. to Honolulu is 5 hours of nothing but getting there. It seems like 5 years. My ears hurt from the pressure changes as well and they feel like cotton is stuffed in them. Then you land and you have to scramble to get your luggage and depending on whether you rent a car to go wherever or are picked up you get to your destination. Yes you have a good time while there but always lurking in the back of your mind is that when you leave you will have to repeat the same exhausting actions to get back home that got you there. See what I mean? Kvetch moan  groan bit**!  I'm glad you have fun and look forward to it. Thank you for your reply and the nifty graphic and Happy Friday! :)
      April 27, 2018 3:40 AM MDT

Hi RosieG... yes, I do see your point and actually agree with you but, these feelings very quickly subside once the journeying has ended and the exploration of the destination is upon you. 

p.s. Glad you liked the gif... here is another "nifty (travel related) graphic" and my absolute favorite.  Enjoy and Happy Friday 2 U :)

April 27, 2018 8:46 AM MDT