Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Music » Chris Isaak. He is really good. What is a good Chris Isaak song?

Chris Isaak. He is really good. What is a good Chris Isaak song?

Posted - April 27, 2018

Responses

• "Wicked Game" ...

April 28, 2018 5:11 AM MDT

I'm too much of a purist to Isaak in this case -- I don't like this cover. The song is just too much Isaak's to me.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2018 1:07 PM MDT
      April 28, 2018 8:41 AM MDT

• Well, the question asked was "What is a good Chris Isaak song?"  Wicked Game is a good song that begs/needs a GOOD voice to perform it like it can be done. 
    Mr. Isaak has written a song that he can't do justice to, or at least I think he wrote it.  It's so hard to find the writer out nowadays. It's like no one wants the credit anymore.
    So I looked through all the covers I could find for someone who has a voice that can handle the song.  I found none ... really, but I did find two that came closer than Chris' voice.  Heather Nova's cover and this one.
    I can be a purist too, but I'm not acquainted with Isaak's' music so I don't have that prejudice influencing me in this case.

It's a really nice song. I answered the question and the video isn't on autoplay.  I'd really like to find a cover done by someone who can sing it well, but I understand how you feel and want to protect your choice.  :)
      April 28, 2018 10:46 AM MDT

You make great points! And you're right about the question!

Isaak isn't one of the best vocalists, I guess, but somehow I like his style.
    The Alex vocalist has a good voice that you posted.

My Isaak CD was in my car -- I just went out and got it and I checked -- yes, Chris Isaak wrote "Wicked Game."
    Thanks for your detailed reply -- I enjoyed reading it!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2018 10:56 AM MDT
      April 28, 2018 10:55 AM MDT

• You mentioned style and you have a point, so I looked to see what genres of music Isaak is lumped into because some genres don't really require a good voice ... like country for example.

Anyway ... I'd really like to hear that song sung by someone that has a really, great voice.  It could be magical! :)
      April 28, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

Agreed!! I think he's really good, too! I like anything by him!

And I like looking at him, too!!
    ;)

I think I just like the song -- I've liked all versions of it I've heard - - but I really Isaak's cover of
    "Diddley Daddy"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2018 8:52 AM MDT
      April 28, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

Baby did a bad bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abzK_jZdKFw

Blue Hotel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6tufofYrg

My favourite is Wicked Game.
      May 13, 2018 4:01 PM MDT

I love that "Baby" song!!
      May 24, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

More people need to have the taste to realize they should know a good Chris Isaak song --  he's got a lot of them!
      May 24, 2018 4:06 PM MDT

never heard of him
      May 24, 2018 5:41 PM MDT