Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Travel » What is the most spectacular or beautiful scene you have ever seen?

What is the most spectacular or beautiful scene you have ever seen?

I see sea scenes a lot.  Oh, si si.  There's nothing like a glassy ocean.  The calmest I've ever seen it was the North Sea on the north coast of Scotland. 
"He leadeth me by the still waters. 
He restoreth my soul." 
Rings true for me.

Posted - April 29, 2018

Responses

The sun rising behind Copenhagen, an total colorfest because of the polluted air over the city
      April 30, 2018 4:21 AM MDT

• "Beauty is to the eye of the beholder, but it's hard to beat the Grand Canyon for spectacular!"

April 30, 2018 4:27 AM MDT

I'm not saying, as I dont wish two offend them just in case they are looking in......;)D 
      April 30, 2018 4:33 AM MDT

• Thank you. :)
      April 30, 2018 4:34 AM MDT

:)D 
      April 30, 2018 4:39 AM MDT

The penny just dropped.....that was a very very sneaky way to slip that in ....hehe 
      April 30, 2018 4:41 AM MDT

It's hard to choose just one, but it would definitely be somewhere in Italy.

April 30, 2018 5:40 AM MDT

Probably when I spent a week at a condo on the beach, every evening there were thunderstorms and I loved just sitting on the balcony watching the lightning dancing over the sea and the sound of angry waves. Lightning, and storms in general, are the most beautiful things to me. Even when hurricanes are passing through, I like to sit on the porch to watch unless it gets a little too rowdy and debris starts slapping me in the face. I remember with Irma, the sky was constantly lighting up. I don't know if it was lightning way up there or power flashes, but it was quite spectacular and scary.
      April 30, 2018 5:58 AM MDT

I love thunder and lightning, too! My whole life I have. My dad would take us outside when storms were coming and we'd stand in the street (when it was safe) and watch storms coming in --  we lived in a rural area and could see the storms coming in from afar.
    We even have pictures of my brother and sister and me sitting in front of the dining room window watching the storms and we'd clap if there were a big clap of thunder.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 13, 2019 5:25 PM MDT
      April 30, 2018 8:49 AM MDT

During Frances and Jean, we sat on one of our van seats in our garage with the door open.  Both provided spectacular entertainment, that's for sure.  We saw two big pine trees fall over.  One was in our front yard.  More recently, we watched Irma (I think. There have been so many, I've forgotten which is which) from our porch.
      April 30, 2018 7:47 PM MDT

Well I'm a 'city guy' so that 'country' stuff doesn't do much for me.

back in the 1970's I was a makeup artist/field rep for a co. based in California.......during our annual meeting we had dinner at a swanky hotel in downtown LA.. forget the name now!

anyhoooo, during the evening, many people went out on the balcony...someone told me to 'get out here and see this view'..

WOW!!!!

as I stepped out, (we were on the 28th floor) you could see ALL OF THE lights of the city.......one huge panorama.....it was truly breathtaking for me,esp. as i'm a nut about movies and here was HOLLYWOOD (OK, it was actually Los Angeles!!) all laid out for me to enjoy!!

have never forgotten it!!!!!!!
      April 30, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

That sounds like fun!
    :)
      April 30, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

I've seen lots but what comes to mind at the moment I've only seen in pictures, have not been there. 

Le Mont Saint Michel in France.

Image result for le mont st michel This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 30, 2018 9:30 PM MDT
      April 30, 2018 8:51 AM MDT

Wow!  No kidding, that's really something.
      April 30, 2018 7:50 PM MDT

Witnessing the birth of a child. 
      May 3, 2018 4:07 PM MDT

when i used to live in the mountains, that was a nice scenery
      May 20, 2018 5:53 PM MDT