Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do you, should you honor the request of a submitter when his/her question is asked to be answered only by a certain group?

Do you, should you honor the request of a submitter when his/her question is asked to be answered only by a certain group?

Posted - May 1, 2018

Responses

No.  If I have an answer I post it.  
      May 1, 2018 3:21 AM MDT

Most of the time yes but sometimes if I feel I have something to contribute I will excuse myself and go ahead. 
      May 1, 2018 4:51 AM MDT

Same as those above, I try to respect the request generally but if I have something that I feel needs to be said... after all, I am *helping* them, whether they they know it or not :P  It really doesn't *do* to only hear answers and input from those who share the same opinions as you... best to get a more rounded view, with other thoughts, ideas and input... So as I say, I am helping but providing outside input :P
      May 1, 2018 5:04 AM MDT

I do. For example, if the question is specifically directed to anyone who gave birth by C-Section, or whose grandfather was a Grand Dragon of the Klu Klux Klan, I have no input. 
    ~
      May 1, 2018 6:29 AM MDT

I don't mind requests that only particular set of people answer - I've not seen many such examples but of those I have most were on topics outside my knowledge or experience anyway.

Far worse are those who put forward a contentious point or question on a public forum without specifying they are only preaching to the converted, then become very abusive bullies to anyone who questions or disagrees with them.   
      May 4, 2018 3:29 PM MDT

maybe not
      May 19, 2018 5:59 PM MDT