Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » As things change do you too? Or do you stay the same and DARE the changes/changers to change you? Why?

As things change do you too? Or do you stay the same and DARE the changes/changers to change you? Why?

Posted - May 3, 2018

Responses

• I may change my mind about the car I drive, the color I paint a bedroom, the neighborhood I live in, the businesses that I patronize, the location of the next vacation, but I will NEVER change my mind about the things that matter most in life. The spiritual, political and societal are not on the table for any compromise, nor should they be. 
      May 3, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

The person you are today is the same one you were decades ago then. Which means whatever has occurred in the evolution of our social mores hasn't affected you. What you were against then you are still against. Two-edged sword. If you don't change you don't expand/learn/evolve/progress. For example there were laws against miscegenation. Now you see many couples with different ethnic backgrounds and no one thinks anything of it. Of course for the religious same-sex marriage will never be acceptable.  Nor will anyone in the LGBTQ community. For others there is no problem. For others love is always a good thing not a bad thing and if it happens to exist between a couple whose gender is the same so what? I think depending upon your point of view it is either a loosening/deterioration/downward spiral OR a broadening understanding/acceptance of different lifestyles. I don't think you need to approve to accept without judgment. Do you? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply ub and Happy Friday to thee.
      May 4, 2018 5:03 AM MDT

I may change my mind about some things (what shirt I'm gonna wear, etc) but,  I don't change what makes me who and what I am as an individual. And no one else is gonna make me change no matter how badly they may want me to. What you see is what you get. :)
      May 4, 2018 12:53 AM MDT

So the person you are today is the same person you were decades ago? I don't know how old you are so I don't know if decades ago you even existed. I think it's good to have a moral center that doesn't change for convenience sake or political party dogma demands. On the other hand if you never change than how do you grow, expand, learn? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 4, 2018 4:57 AM MDT
      May 4, 2018 4:56 AM MDT