Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Did Man create gods to deflect from a real one?

Did Man create gods to deflect from a real one?

No one wants to be judged. You dig?

Posted - May 6, 2018

Responses

I dont believe god judges. Only the man made ones might. They also give the high achy a sense of power to pretend they can judge and punish those who dont worship them. God is good, and doesnt need any help keeping faith in those who believe in him. 
      May 6, 2018 2:38 PM MDT

Present but not contributing.
      May 6, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

Maybe man created God to deflect from his own problems, short-comings and stuff... maybe he created God to deflect from other gods. Who can say
      May 6, 2018 3:11 PM MDT

some mightve
      May 6, 2018 4:29 PM MDT

Man can only create belief in gods for whatever purpose. The only real God might be the One that some Christians say they would continue to believe in even if God were ever to be proven non-existent. 

One God (God- man actually) was proven non-existent when after WWII Japan was defeated and Emporer Hirohito admitted over public broadcast to the Japanese people that he was never a God-man and nor was his ancestors, as had come to have been believed over the ages. Some of the devout believers committed suicide when they learned that.

If Mr Trump is elected to serve a second term then 'his people' might elevate him to the status of God-Man. At least one believer has publicly stated he would believe in Trump more so than Jesus. That is deflecting away from God.  This post was edited by Kittigate at May 8, 2018 1:05 AM MDT
      May 8, 2018 12:34 AM MDT

"The only real God might be the One that some Christians say they would continue to believe in even if God were ever to be proven non-existent."!!?? I think I might need a double measure of wholly spirit to get my head around that one. :) :)
      May 15, 2018 2:06 PM MDT

Real to them. Law of the Conservation of God -cannot be created or destroyed. This post was edited by Kittigate at May 15, 2018 9:08 PM MDT
      May 15, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

TY but I can't still make sense of that one. It seems to have the same level of clarity that some Christian creeds have.

However, i like your "Law of the Conservation of God -cannot be created or destroyed." 
      May 15, 2018 9:12 PM MDT

Cute, but misleading.
      May 16, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

It is a matter of faith. 
      May 16, 2018 11:30 PM MDT

Quote: "...some Christians say they would continue to believe in even if God were ever to be proven non-existent."
    I've never heard even a claimed Christian say that, but probably so if you heard them.

Funny thing is that atheist still believe that everything just happened with no God while it has been proven that the universe shouldn't even exist.

https://www.newsweek.com/universe-should-not-exist-cern-scientists-discover-692500
    https://www.sciencealert.com/record-antihydrogen-spectral-lines-measurement-confirm-match
      May 16, 2018 7:18 AM MDT

Elapsing time is a total illusion;  events create the illusion of time.  The events that occur from beginning to end of our universe happen rapidly enough so that it would measure zero elapsed time in a state of infinity ie zero dimensional.  So then we exist as much as we don't exist. Big bounce theory suggests the universe has existed and not existed infinitely. 
    So enjoy your illusion of existence while you appear to be  here in a  state of 3 dimension.

I just hope every instance our universe 'bounces'  (big bangs) into another new existence it is a different series of events and not a rerun of the same thing.

'Anti-matter' always sounded kind of science fiction to me; is it real? I hafta find out.  This post was edited by Kittigate at May 16, 2018 11:36 AM MDT
      May 16, 2018 11:09 AM MDT

Time is the relationship of things that change.  Change is a law of our being.

And read Aristotle on multiplicity in the order of existence.

And in math, the concept of limits can be used to infer that you can never move from where you are to where you want to go or that you can easily get there.

Don't confuse the tools by which we study reality with reality itself.
      May 16, 2018 12:43 PM MDT

All right but it was labor unions that invented the concept of elapsing time so they could negotiate a decent hourly wage for the workers. 
      May 16, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

No one is judged. That is just a God you defined for yourself.  I judge me.  God listens and does not.
      May 16, 2018 11:12 AM MDT