Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Mormon Church will sever ties with the Boy Scouts effective December 31, 2019. Didn't say why but we KNOW don't we?

The Mormon Church will sever ties with the Boy Scouts effective December 31, 2019. Didn't say why but we KNOW don't we?

The Boy Scouts will change its name to Scouts BSA because it will allow girls to join. Further it has accepted openly gay scout leaders. So I guess if you are a member of the LGBTQ or a female you are not welcome by Mormons. What other conclusion can one draw from it but that?

Posted - May 9, 2018

Responses

Your attitude is just insane. It has nothing to do with welcoming women to a mixed group like the congregation of a church. The boy scouts are, as the name suggests, an organisation for boys. Allowing girls to join would completely undermine the masculine energy of the group. 

Women have a irritating habit of trying to push their way into male groups. Women have to be excluded from men's organisations because as soon as they are let in they start making demands and trying to police men's behaviour. All male groups are the only way men can be men. Men don't try to push their way into women's groups. We're quite happy for the ladies to enjoy some girltime.

The obsession with inclusiveness is just far left gender neutral propaganda and the Mormons are right not to stand for it. The rejection of gender roles is completely contrary to Christian values.

Mormons don't believe in the spirituality of homosexual unions and require gay members to be celibate. If gay people don't like it, they don't have to be Mormons. Mormonism doesn't reject gay people. Gay people who don't like the Mormon church's attitude might decide to reject Mormonism. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 9, 2018 3:38 PM MDT
      May 9, 2018 9:34 AM MDT

My ex wife was a Scout Master. Anything wrong with that? The boys didn't think so.
      May 9, 2018 3:39 PM MDT

I don't consider the inclusion or exclusion of women (or men) to be wrong. An organisation has a right to do whatever it chooses.

What I consider wrong is the sense of entitlement to be included that the far left seems to delight in pushing.

Political pressure for inclusiveness, especially since it is selectively enforced on men's organisations, is wrong. Fraternity has value and it should be respected, like sorority is.
      May 9, 2018 5:02 PM MDT

OK. She did take the job because nobody else wanted it. She was the first woman Scoutmaster in the region but she was not out to make a point. Oh...she was also a lesbian. (That's why she is an ex.)
      May 9, 2018 6:09 PM MDT

:):):)
      May 10, 2018 4:34 AM MDT

I'm gay and I have no problem with only letting boys be in the Boy Scouts. And I believe men/young men and boys who may be gay have a right to be in the organization, too. I don't see this as pushing a sense of entitlement.
    But, like you said, if the Boy Scouts decided to let females in, whatever. It's their organization. I hope boys push to join the Girl Scouts.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 10, 2018 6:39 AM MDT
      May 9, 2018 6:18 PM MDT

May 10, 2018 4:34 AM MDT

May 10, 2018 4:32 AM MDT

Scouts Australia has been coed for decades. The sky didn't fall, the boys didn't turn gay or become effeminate or start ogling/pawing the girls. My daughter tried brownies, found it boring, so tried cubs instead and loved it. She went on to scouts, ventures and her interest faltered at 17 when she got a serious bf who wasn't a scout.
    Ventures has beed coed forever. Nobody said boo. Overcharged hormones are far more likely to be an issue at that age (ventures are 14-18) than younger.

May 9, 2018 8:11 PM MDT

May 10, 2018 4:32 AM MDT