Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » There are some journalists of whom you disapprove. As prez would you lift their press passes and deny them access to the White House?

There are some journalists of whom you disapprove. As prez would you lift their press passes and deny them access to the White House?

Posted - May 9, 2018

Responses

Yes. Absolutely. A press pass is an honour. Fake news are not deserving of that honour. They'd be left to just read my press releases.
      May 9, 2018 11:23 AM MDT

• A point of correction here. Just because you work for a news agency or media outlet, doesn't make you a journalist. The overblown egos of these people have led them to believe that their editorial opinions are more important that what's going on in the world. They see themselves as creators and manipulators of opinion first and foremost. These stooges of their employers wouldn't know genuine journalistic craft if it bit them on the ass. As president, I would toss anybody I felt like tossing and the press corps is the very best place to begin. 
      May 9, 2018 11:29 AM MDT

Another point of correction---journalist: a person who writes for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or prepares news to be broadcast. 
      May 9, 2018 11:33 AM MDT

:):):)
      May 9, 2018 11:46 AM MDT

More dictionary fallacies again. Dictionaries tell us what the general consensus is, not how people SHOULD view something. They also lack subtlety.

Journalism has connotations of a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation. So called journalists today are commentators not journalists. There is nothing wrong with being a commentator so long as you don't pretend to be something else.
      May 9, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

I would if there was a good reason that I should disapprove of them but I would give their spot to another journalist. I was just thinking that it would good if the White House started giving press passes to school news papers so as President I would make it so. Cheers!
      May 9, 2018 5:41 PM MDT

There are journalists that would fall into the category of pathological liars (some call it fake news). If any, those would be the ones who would get their press passes yanked and barred from the White House. As always, just my opinion. :)
      May 10, 2018 12:56 AM MDT