Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you content being part of the chorus or do you long to be a star? Are you a spotlight/center stage type? What is your talent?

Are you content being part of the chorus or do you long to be a star? Are you a spotlight/center stage type? What is your talent?

Posted - May 11, 2018

Responses

As far as singing goes, I've never been a soloist, but been in quite a few choirs. Even the title role of Trial by Jury was the same.

Centre stage bit is playing the organ including conducting a choir. I landed up married to one of them.

May 11, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

Wow! Pretty nifty m'dear! Do you or did you ever get nervous or have you always been a cool cat? Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Friday! Playing the organ. Conducting a choir. You can't be more center stage than that. I've read that many seasoned performers never stop being nervous or jittery in advance. But once they're on stage performing it goes away. :)
      May 11, 2018 2:52 AM MDT

Within reason, some nerves beforehand can get the adrenaline going, but once you get started you don't have time for that. 
      May 11, 2018 3:05 AM MDT

It's kinda odd but I always was a nervous Nellie in front of the class yet I was in Drama and I was never nervous before or during the performance! I even covered for some of the kids who went up on their lines during one performance without any problem. I think it was because I wasn't being Rosemarie I was being an entirely different person. Inside that person's skin I felt at ease. It's weird. Also I have a fear of heights EXCEPT in a plane I like the window seat and look out. How is that possible? Weird! Thank you for your reply Malizz! :)
      May 11, 2018 3:09 AM MDT

I'm as extroverted as all get out, a real peacock. Look at me, look at me! The singer is the front man.
      May 11, 2018 3:28 AM MDT