Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Why is vitamin K7 illegal when its properties are known to prevent/cure cancer?

Why is vitamin K7 illegal when its properties are known to prevent/cure cancer?

Posted - May 17, 2018

Responses

CORRECTION: K17 not K7. oops
      May 17, 2018 4:49 AM MDT

There is no K17.
      May 17, 2018 1:47 PM MDT

According to the National Cancer Society, Laetrile is staggeringly lethal, and even makes cancer tumors grow larger. The US government has made B17 downright illegal, so why are many naturalists saying apricot seeds, which are naturally full of vitamin B17, are extremely effective at curing cancer? And how can something be toxic, if it naturally occurs in dozens of other foods like soybeans, mung bean sprouts, hundreds of vegetables, wild-berries, Oregon grapes, and cassava, a tropical sweet potato?

Further commentary from the Mayo clinic suggests that B17 poses toxicity risks due to ‘significant levels of cyanide in the blood of patients.”

https://naturalsociety.com/vitamin-b17-treat-prevent-cancer-or-pure-poison/#ixzz5Fl0EZSeA 
      May 17, 2018 5:24 AM MDT

Apricot seeds are very poisonous anyway. They contain enough cyanide to kill a small child.
      May 17, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

Yikes. ;O
      May 17, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

That is bad....
      May 17, 2018 10:51 AM MDT

Great answer my2cents. ;))
      May 17, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

Thank you. 
      May 17, 2018 10:49 AM MDT

Your most welcome. ;))
      May 17, 2018 11:20 AM MDT

I didn't catch this before, but she asked about K17 (no such thing), not B17, which is a completely different chemical. B17 is not a vitamin, but is actually a substance called amygdalin.. Its other name is Laetrile and was experimentally trialed in cancer research but showed only negative effects. Some thought it a wonder drug and were able to get it in Mexico as it was illegalized here. Steve McQueen was one of those patients but the cancer, caused by asbestos, got him at age 50. The treatment was useless.
      May 17, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

I don't know! There see I don't claim to know everything and am happy to say when I don't know :P But it does seem an interesting debate... my off the top thoughts would be... 

1) they banned it because people can be silly with things, overdose, not pay attention to contra-indications with other meds they are taking, and this in conjunction with known toxicity with too high a dose...

2) if it really were a cure then it would be too simple and too cheap to provide.. big pharma wouldn't be happy about that.. 

These are just thoughts,,  as I really don't know enough on the matter
      May 17, 2018 5:43 AM MDT

Anytime #2 is brought up, I have to question it's validity.

Who has more power?  Pharmaceutical companies, or healthcare providers (hospitals, hospices, assisted-living centers, etc)?
    Consider that treating cancer is a money hole ... and the "big name" treatment centers such as the Mayo Clinic and Shriners Hospitals have to get funding from other sources (donations, grants) to help pay for it.

I say if there was really an inexpensive way to treat cancer, healthcare providers would demand its availability.
    Imagine the uproar Shriners Hospitals could cause with an ad campaign.  If you've ever seen their current ones, you know what I'm talking about.
    Not to mention the pressure due to 60 Minutes and other investigative shows doing stories on such a conspiracy to prevent health care to millions of Americans (especially children).

May 17, 2018 8:00 AM MDT

You are most welcome to question anything you want... I am a Brit lol we are not the home of the conspiracy theory,  i must have been listening to too many Americans :P 
    However, that said it is true that big pharma has a lot of power, how do we know this? Because factually, in the land of non-fake news we have seen many times where big pharma have overcharged the NHS for meds and they have continually brought out new brands, at a more expensive price, but with same ingredients just so they can charge more... they are known to hold their prices too high and refuse to reduce them... again costing the NHS millions that could be better spent. So this is fact not hype. 

Ir may well be the case that we have differing perspectives because we have slightly different set ups re the healthcare.. most of ours is provided by the govt. They don't have the power that perhaps private, money making health providers do.

May 17, 2018 1:03 PM MDT

Are you just testing our ability to Google with this nonsense?
      May 17, 2018 6:08 AM MDT

Oh yes. I would definitely listen to you and those conspiracy theorists who know everything.  What TV show did you get this one from?  Alex Jones?  Fox News?  Or just researched it on google?   First of all, Vitamin K clots blood.  Maybe that is the reason. 

There are many many elements that are said to cure cancer.  Cancer is a disease that is not curable with one vitamin.

Hello?

If anything, they are making great strides with cannabis and the properties from that plant.  But they are hardly lauding it as a miracle cure. 

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/vitamin-k7-3328.html

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 17, 2018 10:08 AM MDT
      May 17, 2018 8:06 AM MDT

Actually I got it from a nutritionist named Dr. Wallick. He was the one responsible for suing the FDA to make vitamins, all vitamins, legal. They used to be illegal. I give some credit to a Doctor who won such a revolutionary law suit against the FDA in favor of making vitamins available for everyone.
      May 17, 2018 10:11 AM MDT

The FDA is now considering imposing stricter regulations on vitamins and supplements
    Too many manufacturers make blatantly false claims and the ingredients aren't actually what is listed.

(that should do away with 99% of "diet supplements" on the market, at least)
      May 17, 2018 10:15 AM MDT

Thats good. Most main stream vitamin suppliments are crap. The human body needs a total of 90 vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. Most store brands only have a fraction of that. ;o
      May 17, 2018 11:22 AM MDT

All of these answers are irrelevant as there is no such thing as Vitamin K17.
      May 17, 2018 2:12 PM MDT

not sure why
      May 18, 2018 4:03 PM MDT