Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you DO KNOW and DO REMEMBER and say "I don't know. I can't remember" you are lying. How can it be proven?

When you DO KNOW and DO REMEMBER and say "I don't know. I can't remember" you are lying. How can it be proven?

Why aren't lie-detector tests admissible in court? What better way to show lies than visually with spikes?

Posted - May 17, 2018

Responses

That opens up a whole new can of worms.  They are not 100 percent accurate.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 17, 2018 7:46 AM MDT
      May 17, 2018 7:37 AM MDT

I've heard that some folks can beat it but still wouldn't it be worth taking a chance that maybe it would actually reflect truth/lie? I mean everyone doesn't know ho w to beat them right? Thank you for your reply and the graphic. I do believe many of the "usual suspects" are tetched in the head. Only reason they are as they are and what they are is they cain't hep it!
      May 17, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

I've dreamed of what you are thinking about.  Isn't that the be-all, end-all in trying to stop the lies?

It would seemingly be so perfect.

Then human beings would mess with it.  They would rig it somehow.  If they can rig an election from RUSSIA, they can rig anything.

Until we have a machine that erases the desire to do EVIL, we should not wish for much.

The only thing we can do is make people understand.

If you understand, you never lie.

You understand what it does to your nature, your character, your soul.  If you lie and do it to protect yourself at the expense of others' rights and freedoms, you are a DEVIL and what is known in the East as a DEMON.

That is an infection you don't want to catch.

May 17, 2018 9:31 AM MDT

Touche Sharon! Of course folks would rig it. I am way too naive. That did not occur to me at all despite the current government rigging everything every day in every way no matter what they say.  It rigged and lies and denials and treason. Every day with every word they say they are promulgating devil/satan/beelezebub (sp?). So we KNOW there is evil in the world and evildoers. I wonder who works harder recruiting? God or Satan? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for a dose of truth. What was I thinking? :(
      May 18, 2018 4:27 AM MDT

Lie detectors are pseudoscience which is why they're inadmissible. They don't really detect lies, they detect emotion which could arise from anything. People with a sociopathic lack of conscience can lie undetected. People who are upset can produce a false positive.

People who answer "I don't remember" a lot under questioning are not necessarily liars. They may partly remember but that's not good enough. Unless you are 100% sure that you 100% remember you must say you can't remember. Any inaccuracies could be called lies. Corrupt interrogators deliberately try to twist what you have said to claim a contradiction between statements. Not allowing yourself to be drawn into such traps is smart. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 17, 2018 11:30 AM MDT
      May 17, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

Trump's campaign song for 2020
      May 17, 2018 9:33 AM MDT