Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When did TRICKLE DOWN economics ever work? Is it only plausible in theory and in practice bats ZERO?

When did TRICKLE DOWN economics ever work? Is it only plausible in theory and in practice bats ZERO?

Posted - May 17, 2018

Responses

It has never been attempted. It stands to reason that it works.

It has taken DECADES of the wrong policies to slowly strangle the economy. It will take DECADES of the right policies to slowly restore the economy. Every time there are minuscule tax cuts and even more minuscule spending cuts, the leftist waits five minutes and declares it hasn't worked.

It also depends what you mean by "it doesn't work". This is usually leftist code for "It won't make me less jealous of my neighbour. It won't create equality". You're right. It won't. Though I couldn't give a sh*t. Prosperity, not easing the leftist's inferiority complex, is the goal. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 17, 2018 11:30 AM MDT
      May 17, 2018 10:20 AM MDT

There is a reason that it has never been attempted.  It is impossible.

It has never been attempted to explain plausibly why some idiots think the earth is flat.  Pictures (the few they keep flashing) are doctored, atstornauts (all of them) are lying or in on it, etc., etc.,

That is how the Libertarian figures out the world view.  In circles of ideologies that could NEVER come true.

Peter Pan is not real, sonny.

May 17, 2018 10:24 AM MDT

Idealism is the delusion that we can change human nature. Communism is a fantasy that self interest can put aside and everyone can work for the collective good. I admit that many on the right indulge in the fantasy that envy could be somehow purged from human nature and everyone just do their best and accept their place. I know that's never going to happen and some tolerance of envy will always be necessary to create a functional society.

I admit I have an idealist streak but I will only accept criticism on it from pragmatists, not leftist ideologues. Take the plank out of your own eye, before you take the speck out of mine.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 17, 2018 11:30 AM MDT
      May 17, 2018 10:47 AM MDT

Oh I'm sure it works partially.  That is the Libertarian partial explanation for everything.

They give examples that are full of holes and examples of isolated temporary incidents that worked in their minds and imaginations.

Those people are like the untried elite.  They blah, blah, blah about situations and what they would do.  But they don't have a passing acquaintance with the real world and how it actually works.

Armchair generals.

Monday morning quarterbacks.  It makes it very very very handy to backtrack in the name of freedom.

May 17, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

Too funny hunny. So Sean Hannity is the brain behind NO COLLUSION don juan. Plus NO COLLUSION don's gut. That's what guides him.  Wonder if Sean will ever regret becoming the sycophantic a**-kisser of a prez? Time will tell. The only Libertarian with whom I am tangentially famliiar is Rand Paul and nothing he has ever said made any sense to me. He likes attention and notoriety and will purposely be difficult only to roll over and give NO COLLUSION don what he wants. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 18, 2018 3:44 AM MDT