Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are fairy tales your cuppa tea? We will be attending a Royal Wedding tomorrow. Will thee?

Are fairy tales your cuppa tea? We will be attending a Royal Wedding tomorrow. Will thee?

Posted - May 18, 2018

Responses

No we don't know any royalty.  So we will go shopping and hang out like we always do. 

I guess fairy tales can give people hope but they tend to be weird and not very practical.  When I was young my mother was always reading me "the Ugly Duckling" because that is how she saw me and I was supposed to turn into a beautiful swan at some point.   Well - never happened so I just had to learn to accept myself and develop other ways to get on in life.  Which I was able to do.  So though dreaming can be nice I tend to automatically view things in more practical terms. 
      May 18, 2018 5:46 AM MDT

Hell no. Constitutional monarchy is a relic of the predemocratic age. It's a weird romanticisation of dictatorship.

The U.S. was founded on telling these people to piss off, so it's really bizarre to me that so many Americans care.
      May 18, 2018 7:10 AM MDT

No.  I have no real interest in this wedding and, frankly, I'm tired of hearing about every little thing that is attendant to it.  Happy Friday. :)
      May 18, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

As a kid my favorite literary genre was fairy tales. I read every book from every country. French, English, German, Scandinavian. You name it I read it. I have not changed. I am much older but I still love fairy tales and fantasy and "what might be" and science fiction. The kid in me never died. It is alive and well and looking forward to tomorrow L. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 18, 2018 9:45 AM MDT

There's nothing wrong with keeping your inner child amused.  :) Happy Friday. :)

May 18, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

It's alive and well and excited as he**! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Royal Wedding Day! :)
      May 19, 2018 3:56 AM MDT

Good for you!  Happy Royal Wedding Day. :)
      May 19, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

It was AWESOME! Thank you L and Happy Sunday! :) The wedding went exceedingly well. I hope their life together does too! :)
      May 20, 2018 4:46 AM MDT

Saw the highlights on the news last night and that was sufficient for me.  They look wonderful together and very much in love.  Happy Sunday. :)
      May 20, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

I'm glad you saw some of it L. It was an extraordinary event. It was a wedding like none other has ever been held in that church/cathedral/abbey. More like that one may never be held there again or perhaps it is just the beginning. The church experience combined the cultures beautifully. Both in the messaging and in the music. It paid respect to both Harry and Meghan.  At least for that one moment in time there was no division by "color". I was proud when Barack Obama was elected president TWICE. I got the same feeling watching that splendid wedding. I hope the Brits are proud. Those of them who care. Those of them who don't want any part of it would probably have been annoyed. Different strokes. I'm always gonna be a sap for love winning out over any obstacles. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 21, 2018 3:09 AM MDT

Yes, times they are a-changin'.  I'm happy to see that she is accepted by the Brits as well as the Royals.  Happy Monday. :)
      May 21, 2018 6:41 AM MDT

Me too L. Makes me very happy. Good for the Brits! Thank you for your reply!  :)
      May 22, 2018 5:51 AM MDT

No ,we won't be attending or watching ....we have no interest in any of them....it just such a waste of time and money....
      May 18, 2018 4:43 PM MDT

Are you, were you, a fan of Diana's? That was the last Royal Wedding we "attended". Of course having an American gal become a Royal through marriage is a very big carrot for us. The fact that she is bi-racial, divorced, 36 (which makes her older than Harry) and an actress boggles my mind in a very good way. I have read that the Queen LOVES her as does everyone who has met her. While I don't know if racism is as huge an evil in your country as it is in America I think Harry has done a wonderful thing falling in love with Megan.  And the Royals have reacted wonderfully well since Charles will be walking her down the aisle. It is a prideful thing to me and as close to royalty as I shall ever be.  You are used to it and have no use for it. I am starstruck and starry-eyed and I wish for them a blissful life of love, happiness and doing good. Apparently they both share a love for giving back..involved in charities...helping those in need. Echoes of Diana. I think wherever she is she is very proud of her boys. If/when you are a mother D you will totally understand. Thank you for your reply and Happy Royal Wedding day Saturday! :)
      May 19, 2018 4:04 AM MDT

I'm not a fan of anyof them Rosie....They are a sad bunch of people and I really don't know who they think they are...
    They al have to much unearned money and titles......why they need so much God only knows.....I think if we all knew how they lived behind closed doors we'ed all be infor a huge shock...
      May 19, 2018 4:50 PM MDT

We all perceive our worlds differently D. We are wired differently. We value different things. So of course we are drawn to some people and not to others based on a litany of reasons. I had a delightful time watching a California girl become Royalty on Saturday. I found it to be beautiful and touching and something I shall long remember. I hope for Harry and Meghan a long life of happiness in service to others.. What they are like behind closed doors I cannot imagine. I think Charles is a reprobate scumbum and Camilla is a horsefaced slut. I always will. There is no redemption for betrayal because betrayal is the ultimate disrespect/insult and so it does not sit well with me. Will Harry betray Meghan? I hope not. Will William betray Kate? I hope not. Whatever the inequities and evil of other members of the royal family are they cannot be undone. Moving forward one can only hope that these two couples will do good and do well. That is my hope. When Charles married Diana there was no way to foresee what was going to happen. Same thing with William and Kate/Harry and Meghan. But one can hope and wish for the best and that is precisely what I shall do. What you do is up to you. I know Diana was no saint. Harry bears a striking resemblance to one of her lovers. I hope he is not a blood relative of Charles. Harry doesn't need that skunk's DNA within him. Just an outsider opinion. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday. Meghan's gown was spectacular. Classy, understated, elegant. She wore no jewels save for small earrings and of course at the end her wedding and engagement rings. She was not overwhelmed by the wedding gown. Diana was and perhaps it was a portent for her life to be. It overwhelmed her. She was too young to marry. Meghan is 36 years old. No baby. Perhaps that will make a difference. :)
      May 20, 2018 4:35 AM MDT

Who knows how things will turn out for them.........how awful to be born into that life ......it must be like a prison with no walls and no privacy ....

Money would be no compansation for any of that....
    personally I think the whole bunch are just Wierdo's :( 
      May 20, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

I agree that I could not live that life. No privacy. Constant demands/requirements/obligations/duties. I don't have the right stuff to be a Royal D. I'd flunk out in the first minute of instruction. I know Meghan is learning how to be a Royal. Yesterday she sang God Save the  Queen and said God save the Queen at the end of course...not "let freedom ring". Of course our "My country t'is of thee" uses the same melody. We Americans are thieves. We have stolen a lot from the Brits. No creativity I guess. I don't know if William & Kate or Harry & Meghan are bigger weirdos than anyone else. I think we are all weirdos to someone. We all have quirks and idiosyncracies and preferences that others could well think are nuts. So what? As long as we don't hurt ourselves or others who cares if I like to eat homemade soup for breakfast (which I often do and did this morning)? Whose business is it and whom does it hurt? See what I mean? I also liked refried beans and cheese on pasta, not a red sauce. I prefer dry rub  ribs and despise barbecue sauce. Weird, right? Jim likes peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Weird. We're all weird. Just in different ways. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 20, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

It's not wierd what your choice of foods ir drinks are Rosie....it's just personal tastes.....How people eat curried or hot spicy foods is just beyond me.....they make both your body and breath stink like a sewer ,plus burn your lips ,throat and tongue 
    Every country should be made to give back what they have stolen ,why is it that its ok for rich and powerful countries to rob and steal yet bad when individuals attempt to do such things..

Maybe England has stolen the most considering how long the royals have been in power craving wealth....
    God save the Queen....Why on earth if he ever existed ever want to save any one that's killed so many world wide and for so many countless centuries :(
      May 20, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

Rich powerful individuals do rob and steal and one was elected prez and sworn in January 20, 2017 in  Amurrica but who remembers?  He cheats/steals/lies daily and is worshipped for it by his base. Many of which are Evangelicals. They sold their souls for him. Why shouldn't an evil demon who is a traitor and treasonous whose intention is to  destroy America get away with it? His suckuppers admire him for it. They leave a lot to be desired. I am glad I will not have to explain to anyone why or how I could have supported a demon seed such he. Different strokes. SIGH. Thank you for your reply D! :)
      May 20, 2018 9:49 AM MDT

There is no stopping them Rosie as they have so many hanger on type leaches to protect them for when they gain power.....like the real ones ,you have to burn them to make them let go.....
      May 20, 2018 11:27 AM MDT

It is mind-boggling D. The number of his supporters. Though a minority it amazes me that even one person could be supportive let alone the millions who voted for him. I believe some of those who voted for him may regret it but mostly I think they'd vote for him again and think he is doing a he**uva job! Go figger! Thank you for your reply sweetie! :)
      May 21, 2018 2:56 AM MDT

Why would ANYONE waste their time.
    The most useless, boring waste of time and money on the planet.

WHO THE HELL CARES about these useless losers?  What have they done to contain Brexit?  What have they done except fill their coffers so the poor can kneel and suck in their breath in awe. 

This don't impress me much.

That Don't Impress Me Much
    Shania Twain

See, she doesn't care either. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 20, 2018 8:25 AM MDT
      May 20, 2018 8:20 AM MDT

Why do you like whom you do? Why do you like what you do? Why do you read what you do and eat what you do and wear what you do and live where you do and drive what you do and watch what you do?  Because you are you. Well I am me and I share that person here daily. Your views are yours. You could have said "Not my cuppa tea"  and that would have been enough. But no. That is not good enough for you. Why that is I have no idea. Only you do. SIGH. Only you know what goes on in your mind when you read questions. Only you know what is the underlying intention and purpose of your words when you reply. When succinct and truthful  will do it doesn't do for you. Different strokes. This post was edited by RosieG at May 20, 2018 8:57 AM MDT
      May 20, 2018 8:29 AM MDT