Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If you found Jesus, where the heck was he? Key West? Timbuktu? Detroit?

If you found Jesus, where the heck was he? Key West? Timbuktu? Detroit?

Posted - May 18, 2018

Responses

What's there to disagree on? I just quoted what we both said.

I've never heard a non-Arab Christian complain about Allah being in Arabic copies of the Bible. I asked for a link where you have.

I know you have made a big deal about English speaking people not recognizing that Muhammad's Allah is the God of the Bible because Arabic Allah = English God with a bit of a spin.
      May 26, 2018 6:06 AM MDT

"I've never heard a non-Arab Christian complain about Allah being in Arabic copies of the Bible." >>> I note that, take it on trust and see no need to challenge that or make an issue out of it.

"I asked for a link where you have [heard a non-Arab Christian complain about Allah being in Arabic copies of the Bible]." >>> I don't think I said that I've heard a non-Arab Christian complain about Allah being in Arabic copies of the Bible. To reiterate, in my experience many non-Arab Christians are not aware and find it difficult to accept that Christian Bibles in Arabic use the word Allah for God. I'd have to be weird to keep a record of such exchanges.
      May 26, 2018 7:04 AM MDT

[I don't think I said that I've heard a non-Arab Christian complain about Allah being in Arabic copies of the Bible. To reiterate, in my experience many non-Arab Christians are not aware and find it difficult to accept that Christian Bibles in Arabic use the word Allah for God.]

Whats the difference between Arabic copies of the Bible and Christian Bibles in Arabic?
    To me, an Arabic copy of the Bible = a Christian Bible in Arabic.

If I said that in English copies of the Bible Allah is called God despite strong denials by most Arab Muslims, would that make most Arab Muslims seem a bit off thinking there is only one language? That's what you did when you said:
    "Arabic copies of the Bible wherein God is called Allah despite strong denials by most non-Arab Christians".

I would think a claim making most non-Arab Christians seem weird would warrant a little proof. I've been in many threads with you speaking to non-Arab Christians where you have made a big deal about English speaking people not recognizing that Muhammad's Allah is the God of the Bible because Arabic Allah = English God with a bit of a spin.
    I've never seen a thread where there was strong denials by any much less most non-Arab Christians that Arabic copies of the Bible wherein God is called Allah.
      May 27, 2018 5:48 AM MDT

you're onto something and I wish I knew what. Seems like a desperate attempt to stir up a major issue of contention.
      May 27, 2018 8:43 AM MDT

Your false accusation about most non-Arab Christians denying that God is called Allah in Arabic copies of the Bible was your desperate attempt to stir up a major issue of contention and as if all non-Arab Christians are just stupid.

Just another of your little seemingly innocent little jabs.
      May 28, 2018 6:14 AM MDT

Jack Chick and many of his ilk do claim that Allah is some kind of "moon god", denying that the Hebrew El (or Elohim) has PRECISELY the same root as Allah - Semitic languages were Aramaic in origin. Abraham, "a wandering Aramean" (Deut 26:5) was the father of both peoples - the Hebrews descended from Isaac, and the Arabs descended from Ishmael.
      May 28, 2018 6:41 AM MDT

apre toi - a deluge of non-Arab Christians after my blood for my false accusation. I better scarper 
      May 28, 2018 7:58 AM MDT

I remember it from a lot of AB questions where "Allah" was claimed to be an entirely different deity than the Christian god
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_a_lunar_deity This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at July 3, 2018 2:00 PM MDT
      July 3, 2018 1:57 PM MDT

July 4, 2018 7:26 AM MDT

There is no argument about God being referred to as Allah in all Arabic literature, Bible or otherwise because Allah is the word of all Arabs for God irrespective of their religion. However, when it comes to non-Arabic languages then there is a choice on whether you use the Arabic word for God or the word for God in the language being used, in the case in hand, Malay.

I can understand the objection of the Malays because Christian evangelists instead of appealing to rational arguments often resort to deceptive methods to get their literature accepted by Muslims or whoever they're trying to convert.

This post was edited by CLURT at July 4, 2018 1:19 PM MDT
      July 4, 2018 10:11 AM MDT

Been to Hell and back. 
      July 3, 2018 2:41 PM MDT

Here
      July 3, 2018 3:34 PM MDT