Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is there one person ON here that mentions the Q'ran that even knows what it means? I didn't think so. So shut it?

Is there one person ON here that mentions the Q'ran that even knows what it means? I didn't think so. So shut it?

Posted - May 18, 2018

Responses

some people might know what it means
      May 18, 2018 2:28 PM MDT

Of course.
      May 18, 2018 9:50 PM MDT

LOL wellllllllllllllll I do know a little :P
      May 18, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

Quran literally means "that which is recited". 
      May 18, 2018 3:36 PM MDT

extremely close. Al Qur'an = The Recitation [where Al = The]
      May 20, 2018 11:35 AM MDT

(Is there one person ON here that mentions)
    (Is there one person ON here who mentions)
      May 19, 2018 5:57 AM MDT

HAHAHAHA! :D
      May 19, 2018 5:58 AM MDT

https://www.google.com/search?q=quran+definition&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=quran+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7431j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ko·ran
    kəˈrän/
    noun
    singular proper noun: Quran
    1. the Islamic sacred book, believed to be the word of God as dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel and written down in Arabic. The Koran consists of 114 units of varying lengths, known as suras ; the first sura is said as part of the ritual prayer. These touch upon all aspects of human existence, including matters of doctrine, social organization, and legislation

Quran | Define Quran at Dictionary.com

Quran. n. 1876, variant spelling (preferred by scholars) of Koran (q.v.), from Arabic qur'an, literally "book, reading, recitation," from qara'a "to read." Related: Quranic.
    EDIT:
    I wonder if that claim of the supposed archangel Gabriel is supposed to be the same angel named Gabriel in the Bible that sometimes appeared as a man?
    Muslims don't believe that the Messiah died even though Gabriel said he would and they don't believe that the Mosaic law covenant would cease after the Messiah fulfilled it. They also don't believe that Jesus sacrifice has anything to do with forgiveness of sins.
    (Matthew 26:28) for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.
    (Daniel 9:20-27) While I was still speaking and praying and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request for favor before Jehovah my God concerning the holy mountain of my God, 21 yes, while I was yet speaking in prayer, the man Gaʹbri·el, whom I had previously seen in the vision, came to me when I was extremely weary at about the time of the evening gift offering. 22 And he gave me understanding, saying: “O Daniel, now I have come to give you insight and understanding. 23 When you began your entreaty the word went out, and I have come to report it to you, because you are someone very precious. So consider the matter and understand the vision. 24 “There are 70 weeks that have been determined for your people and your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. 25 You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress. 26 “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. 27 “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. “And on the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an extermination, what was decided on will be poured out also on the one lying desolate.”
    n

This post was edited by texasescimo at May 20, 2018 5:51 AM MDT
      May 19, 2018 8:11 PM MDT

Q "Is there one person ON here that mentions the Q'ran that even knows what it means?"
    =======================================================

Al Qur'an = The Qur'an. It means different things to different people.

To Muslims it is the last in a long chain of revelations and guidance for mankind. It's ultimate source, and the source of all previous revelations some of whose traces are still with us, is the originator/creator of all that there is. It gives meaning to life and is a link between the creator and the created. It defines man's place in the scheme of things and defines his responsibilities as the representative of God on earth. It defines God as merciful and just and although man has free will it nevertheless expects man to be merciful and establish justice in his life on earth. Man will ultimately return to the source of his life where he will be held accountable for his free will and responsibilities.

At the other end there are those to whom the Qur'an means an intolerant book of pure evil which should not be tolerated anywhere. 

Here's what it meant to a self confessed agnostic Jew who studied the Qur'an as part of a research for a book she was writing. 

This post was edited by CLURT at May 20, 2018 12:24 PM MDT
      May 20, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

There's two schools of thought that I will post here. (There's probably more) One, its meaning is taken from the word al-Quar which means to collect. The other one is taken from the word Qura which means to recite. The latter is probably the one that's used the most. I'll shut up now. :)
      July 9, 2018 1:43 AM MDT