Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How's about a NATIONAL MENU? Everyone eats the exact same meal as everyone else. Only diff is vegetarian and everyone else. Great?, righ

How's about a NATIONAL MENU? Everyone eats the exact same meal as everyone else. Only diff is vegetarian and everyone else. Great?, righ

Posted - June 1, 2018

Responses

I like meat. 
      June 1, 2018 2:27 PM MDT

OKey dokey. I'll put you down for that. Jim and I eat meat occasionally but we could very easily be vegetarians. Not vegans though. We like our dairy products too much. Basically we eat whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies. There is so many tasty things you can fix and eat without eating meat. But once awhile dry rub babyback ribs calls to us. Bacon too. And Johnsonville makes a killer Andouille sausage that is really good. We could go either way. Thank you for your reply.  What is your favorite meat to eat bh?
      June 2, 2018 5:26 AM MDT

I just finished a shredded chicken sandwich. I never knew this type of sandwich was an Ohio exclusive item. After all, I've been eating them since the 50s. I guess they started out as a menu item served at A&W Root Beer Stands that were so popular in the midwest.  Now they have websites devoted to the shredded chicken sandwich. 
      June 2, 2018 8:17 AM MDT

You're talkin' fresh cooked by you or canned white meat chicken sweetie? We have "organic" canned chicken breast and also believe it or not canned white breast turkey meat. Jim could eat either one every day. He loves the sandwiches with cranberry sauce on one slice of bread and mayo on the other slice. I make the chicken or turkey salad with mayo and I also put in sliced onions and celery and lately I've been adding chopped walnuts. It's pretty tasty! Geez bh I remember A&W root beer stands and I remember we would take our empty root beer jug in to get refills. That was so long ago. That root was far the best ever wasn't it? Thank you for your thoughtful rely! :)
      June 2, 2018 8:28 AM MDT

I'm talkin' the canned or frozen chicken that is shredded and mixed with other ingredients. Sounds like Jim is eatin' a similar concoction.
      June 3, 2018 4:02 AM MDT

But YOU do the mixing in of other things, right? I've never seen shredded frozen chicken bh or canned chicken that already had mixin fixins in them. I've seen tuna of all kinds flavored all ways but not any chicken products. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      June 3, 2018 4:07 AM MDT

But please try to think not just in terms of conformity but in terms of individuality.   Many conservatives don't trust liberals because we fear you will enforce this kind of conformity. 
      June 2, 2018 5:54 AM MDT

You do know the "Heaven's Gate" cult believed in that, and all ate the same food.

Supposedly they committed mass suicide so that they could leave their earthly bodies behind and be taken to a higher "plane" in the space ship that was hidden by the Hale-Bopp comet.

No---they were just fed up with the food.

June 2, 2018 8:23 AM MDT

Were they the ones who all drank poisoned KoolAid? Tt makes perfect sense. I mean the cook there couldn't prepare meals to individual taste. It seems to me the folks who insist that we all "right think right speak right act" according to their views would also prefer that we right dress, right read, right eat, right drive, right read and most assuredly right comply/obey. I mean where does one draw the line? When uniformity conformity discipline rigidly DEMANDED is in charge there is no tolerance for individuality. Only compliance. Rolling over. Crawling on one's belly backward sideways forward. Existing laws are ignored. New laws will be made according to the whim of the maker working through a spineless dimwit Congress. Until that changes  "all ye who enter here be aware that all hope is lost". Woe is us. Woe is us. Woe is us. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Friday! :)
      June 3, 2018 4:16 AM MDT