Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you do everything at top speed, always in a hurry, not checking? Or do you meticulously/methodically check things, doing everything slow

Do you do everything at top speed, always in a hurry, not checking? Or do you meticulously/methodically check things, doing everything slow

Posted - June 5, 2018

Responses

I am interested! And I wonder about it.. 

Ironically, this question was edited, as I hit post before I had finished.. What does that say about me? I also had to edit for brevity as I ran out of characters - does that say something too maybe :P
      June 5, 2018 7:52 AM MDT

I am a perfectionist (OCD).  I do everything meticulously.  I check and recheck and recheck and recheck again .. making sure it's perfect.  Then, just to be on the safe side, I'll recheck it a few more times - just to be absolutely sure.   (very annoying!)
      June 5, 2018 9:07 AM MDT

OCD?
      June 5, 2018 9:27 AM MDT

That's what the doctors call it.
      June 5, 2018 10:16 AM MDT

The really strange thing is that I am a little OCD too, my son, who is very ADHD also has very strong OCD - they are known to go together, which is odd as the two seem rather at odds with each other. 
      June 5, 2018 12:17 PM MDT

Depends what I’m doing. If im writing I do it quickly so that my thoughts become words without me editing my thoughts. If I take my time then I overthink and produce something completely different to what I was thinking. If I’m working, I like to get it done quickly so that I can do something else. But if I’m doing something pleasurable like making love to a beautiful woman, then I like to take my time This post was edited by Gypsyking at June 5, 2018 12:18 PM MDT
      June 5, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

• depends what i am doing. 

at my job i do everything meticulously, even if i have to do it in a bit of a rush i wont cut corners to save time. also when i clean my house/fish tank/yard etc i take care to make sure everything is done correctly the first time so i dont have to do it again. 

June 5, 2018 9:20 AM MDT

I have 5 fish tanks, used to be 7 ... I always clean them out every 2 weeks and it's important to me to do it properly as water quality is everything. So just to say, yes I can identify with that. 
      June 5, 2018 12:21 PM MDT

I usually have a plan...then I do it. If something goes wrong, I try to fix it. In the Navy I was trained to get a job done as soon as possible, since a few things I had to do affected the ship's time schedule or ability to function. Nowadays, because of physical problems, I must do things slowly.
      June 5, 2018 9:33 AM MDT

Sounds like you had to adjust to doing things differently - I am sure you still do things well :)
      June 5, 2018 12:22 PM MDT

I like to do things as quickly as possible, but check them as I go along. 
      June 5, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

• Generally the latter.
    I'm not fast at anything.
      June 6, 2018 2:28 AM MDT

• "There's never time enough to do it right the first time, but there's always time enough to do it over."

Because of this little adage, a popular saying in my trade, I tend to take enough time to not have to do it over.  :)
      August 12, 2018 10:38 PM MDT