Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you think a Vegan diet is the way to go health wise?

Do you think a Vegan diet is the way to go health wise?

Posted - June 10, 2018

Responses

I think eating only Vegans would lead have serious health issues for you.....far better to eat them with your vegetarian's for a more balanced and stable meals...:)D This post was edited by Nice Jugs at June 10, 2018 7:43 AM MDT
      June 10, 2018 3:21 AM MDT

I don’t know. I like meat and dairy. I’d become too thin
      June 10, 2018 3:45 AM MDT

"Neither vegans nor vegetarians eat meat. However, while vegetarians tend to consume dairy products and eggs, a vegan avoids all animal products, including eggs and dairy, and often inedible animal-based products, such as leather, wool, and silk. Vegetarianism is usually a diet, while veganism is a lifestyle."
    https://www.diffen.com/difference/Vegan_vs_Vegetarian

Gotta keep track of what the words mean so you know what you are saying.

June 10, 2018 3:58 AM MDT

I guess it depends on the person, I don't know how good it would be for an underweight anemic person like me. My doctor nags me to eat more meat or at least eggs or something like that.
      June 10, 2018 5:46 AM MDT

• I don't believe so, since vegans seem to require supplements in order to get all their nutrients. 
      June 10, 2018 9:33 AM MDT

Not sure what that is but we try to follow a macrobiotic diet which is emphasis on quality whole grains and vegetables, some beans and some seafoods, fermented foods etc. Have never taken any supplements since I started twenty years ago. 
      June 10, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

• No.

Lack of B12 causes damage to nerves. The supplements come from animal sources.

The calcium in plant sources is not bio-available. Lack of calcium causes early onset osteoporosis. 

I recommend researching on the net, going to the local library, or consulting a nutritionist.

It's much safer than relying on lay people's opinions This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 10, 2018 1:04 PM MDT
      June 10, 2018 12:54 PM MDT

Thank you. That was excellent advice. I will take it. ;)))
      June 10, 2018 1:04 PM MDT

"I recommend researching on the net, going to the local library, or consulting a nutritionist. "

It is VERY difficult to find an actual nutritionist. Most of them are researchers, meaning you can't get an appointment and don't even know where to look. Doctors have no clue. If you ask a doctor, he/she will send you to a dietitian; they don't know the difference. As for asking opinions, there are more myths in dietary advice than religion. You just have to learn the business yourself. Published works are rather reliable, even though they change their minds a lot. For instance, the official attitude toward butter has reversed several times in the last half century.
      June 10, 2018 5:08 PM MDT

The doctor I've been going to for the last 30 years has a nutritionist he refers patients to when asked.
      June 10, 2018 5:42 PM MDT