Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are you going to church today in honor of the Sun god Tammuze?

Are you going to church today in honor of the Sun god Tammuze?

"Come out of Babylon"

Posted - June 10, 2018

Responses

I don't ever go in churches......But I am a very dedicated Sun Worshiper ....With out it ,not one living ,growing  thing would be alive today....:)
      June 10, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

"I am a very dedicated Sun Worshiper" The sun you worship and the millions of other suns out there are themselves totally helpless, burning themselves away as they have been commanded to do. Why worship it, or any other? If you must worship, why not worship the one at whose command it and everything else exists and functions including us and our digestive and blood circulatory systems.

The logic that leads one to worship the sun is a good logic and it did the same to those who used it over one thousand four hundred years ago. They too were asked to think a little deeper and take that logic a bit further in HQ 41:37 They were told, "The night and the day and the sun and the moon are [but just a few] among the signs that point to Him [the creator]. So worship not the sun nor the moon; but follow [the guidance of] God Who created them all, if it is in truth God [the deserving] that ye [are genuinely seeking to] follow"

June 23, 2018 10:10 AM MDT

No thank you....I worship my parents,my extended family and those I choose to live with....wasting my life worshiping imaginary beings is not for me and never ever will be....
    Mankind ,humans are an evil bunch.....they kill fo pleasure ,money ,land and power....
    I do none of these things and neither do my family.....
    Why do we need some religious twat like the pope who dedicates his life to protecting his peadophile bishops in the Vatican and all over the would....
    Now we have a Cardinal in Austrailia,George Pell that's been at it for nearly Fifty years.....so much for honesty in religion....
    Watch if you can " The Secrets of the Vatican Archives" with Jamie Theakston....series 4 episode 2......
    Its a documentary in which it claims Mr Pope'ie paid 45 million pounds to pay off certain nonce peadophile activerties......
    The RC church is worth billions yet still pleads poverty....those in that cult want for nothing and get to rape and abuse who ever they take a fancy to..... 

I wish nothing to ng to do with such evil people....
      June 23, 2018 10:49 AM MDT

I expect you'll agree that for a discussion to be good it has to keep to common sense and be coherent.

However, before I proceed, I'll first get certain things out of the way. I never suggested any of the things that you expressed anger over. I hope therefore you won't mind if I don't dwell on them for long on this occasion.

"Mankind ,humans are an evil bunch.....they kill fo pleasure ,money ,land and power...." >>> there is indeed a heck of a lot of that and being a member of "Mankind ,humans" fills me with shame over that. It is staggering to know, for example, that just 3% of the military spending of the US alone [the killing, maiming and destroying industry] could eliminate starvation in the world.

You made a good logical conclusion in your main answer and all I did was to take that logical thinking further in the same direction.

You said that you are "a very dedicated Sun Worshiper" because " ....With out it ,not one living ,growing  thing would be alive today"

You've now changed that to "I worship my parents,my extended family and those I choose to live with" but have not explained why

You've also not explained why "..... worshiping imaginary beings is not for me and never ever will be...." So we don't know whether that is a peculiarity applicable to you only or whether there is common sense in it.

June 23, 2018 12:30 PM MDT

How funny it is that nearly every country has limitless amounts of money to spend on arms and munitions yet only pennies on helping others that are desperate for food ,water and shelter....there is no profit in giving those things away for free......making and keeping money has always come first....
    Interest rates are at a all time low for the rich and wealthy only....
    If you are poor in England....money lenders charge interest rates of 4000 percent ....banks and store cards charge 30 percent upwards yet interests rates for the wealthy is 1.5 percent....
    Banks have been defrauding their customers for countless decades.. Today they still thrive on doing it .

To say I worship my parents is just a touch of humour.... I just find it so wierd that people to this day and age worship make believe.....
    A sun worshiper in England means I like my sun tan....but the Sun and Water really is how life started on this planet ,all living growing things are just certain exact atoms joined together ...nothing more..

Can you give one good reason that people should believe in something that can't be proved ...For centuries people have been killed for not believing and to this day that still exists...

June 23, 2018 3:44 PM MDT

I'm with you on the gist of what you're saying in your first para. Let's not forget that when the banks were going bankrupt the government bailed them out with hard earned working taxpayers' money. The taxpayers, as usual, had no say on how their money is spent. It is quite possible that if we scratch just a little below the popular "For centuries people have been killed for not believing and to this day that still exists..." we'll see that in most cases it was really done for land, power and control. Religion and belief were just cover.

Although "I worship my parents" may be said with "just a touch of humour" in Islam, parents are a very close second to God Himself. Parents who have done their best in discharging their responsibilities as parents are as crucial to the survival and flourishing of the child as the Sun and Water are to how life started and has been sustained on this planet, or perhaps even more so.

It's not completely accurate to say that "all living growing things are just certain exact atoms joined together ...nothing more..". Human beings are far more than that. It is only when life and all those unmeasurable somethings leave a person that that description is more accurate.

"I just find it so wierd that people to this day and age worship make believe..... Can you give one good reason that people should believe in something that can't be proved ..." >>> If the whole of humanity fails to prove the existence of thing A then that failure to prove cannot be used as proof that thing A does not exists. Just because I do not have any evidence that my grandmother twenty centuries ago existed it is absurd to say that's evidence that she did not exist.

This post was edited by CLURT at June 23, 2018 6:52 PM MDT
      June 23, 2018 6:24 PM MDT

Your grand mother had to exist or you wouldn't be here now.....as a normal parent you chastise you kids for being violent.....Shame mr God doesn't have such principles..   If anything It incites violence and does nothing to stop it....What a wonderful thing ultimate power must be....it must be like looking at violent gory tv on a global scale......Maybe theres more then one God and they like betting on the gladiator games down here on earth.... :( 
      June 23, 2018 6:49 PM MDT

"Your grand mother had to exist or you wouldn't be here now." >>> precisely. That proves to us that things can exist even if there is no direct evidence for them. In this case it is reasoning and deduction that leads us to conclude that she must have existed.

"as a normal parent you chastise you kids for being violent" >>> indeed and you would do so until you thought that it was no longer appropriate for you to do so. You then leave them with good advice and let them follow and benefit from your advice or rubbish it and face the consequences. Anything drastically wrong or abnormal about that?
      June 23, 2018 7:11 PM MDT

You can only do so much when it comes to educating your own kids.....Spains General Franco , Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot  ,Stalin and any other despot had parents and I can't believe they all had the same evil personalities like there kids.....
    Ultimat power of one person is a bad thing.....
    Did America and England start the Gulf war to save Kuwait or because of oil....

There are countries in Africa that are poor with no minerals and despot leaders armed to the teeth killing thousands of their own people.....all the west do is supply then Arms and munitions ..  
      June 24, 2018 3:19 AM MDT

"Did America and England start the Gulf war to save Kuwait or because of oil...." >>> it's almost always self interest. See what's going on in Syria and has been going on for decades in Palestine. It's the ordinary people that lose their lives, limbs and homes, in hundreds of thousands and then none of the major powers involved in causing the disasters  wants these people as refugees, despite the fact that it is their action that caused the humanitarian disasters.

"There are countries in Africa that are poor with no minerals and despot leaders armed to the teeth killing thousands of their own people.....all the west do is supply then Arms and munitions " >>> yes, anything for business and profit from the misery of the poor ordinary others.

The world has lost its moral compass. Its "leaders" certainly have. There are pressure groups that ordinary conscientious people can support, like Stop the War, World Beyond War, Jewish Voice for Peace, If America Knew, Change.org and various others I know of and support.....
      June 24, 2018 5:22 AM MDT

Sounds similar to something written about 3,400 years ago.

(Deuteronomy 4:19) And when you raise your eyes to the heavens and see the sun and the moon and the stars—all the army of the heavens—do not get seduced and bow down to them and serve them. Jehovah your God has given them to all the peoples under the whole heavens.

June 23, 2018 11:06 AM MDT

Haha... SUNDAY, a great deception by Satan...  I observed a Saturday Sabbath
      June 10, 2018 12:26 PM MDT

May The Most High bless you :)
      June 11, 2018 9:55 PM MDT

June 12, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

You are not actually supposed to worship any of the gods because then they might think they are doing a fine job and everything is OK when it's not.
    That's funny -worshipping a God or gods for doing such a great job but then praying for help because things are messed up.
      June 10, 2018 9:46 PM MDT

ermm... maybe, as a tiny tot, you never called mummy or daddy when things got a little messed up, who knows.
      June 23, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

Reminds me when I was bout 5 years old I found a wood tick on my penis, I went into the living room to show mommy & daddy. One of them took it off for me and I still have the scar.
      June 23, 2018 12:32 PM MDT

"....and I still have the scar" ....of one of them taking it off for you? :) :) :)
      June 23, 2018 2:43 PM MDT

Tammuz was the Mesopotamian god of shepherds but I don't think he was ever a sun god.  I think the Mesopotamian sun god was Utu, who was Tammuz's brother-in-law, but no, I'm not going to church in honor of them.  I'm perfectly happy with my own church, which is Saint Mattress's Church.
      June 10, 2018 10:03 PM MDT

"Saint Mattress's Church"!!?? apologies if you're serious [well, we're in the 21st century but people still believe in all sorts of weird and wonderful things] but that sounds like you mean your bedroom or any other bedroom you're a member of.
      June 23, 2018 10:39 AM MDT

It's the sister church of Box Springs Baptist and Our Lady of the Soft Comforter.  
      June 23, 2018 5:40 PM MDT

hahaha! Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ma chérie
      June 23, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

Kind of a late answer but no, I didn't. :)
      June 12, 2018 7:43 AM MDT

No, I attend services on Saturday mornings. Shabbat begins Friday evening at dusk thru Saturday evening at dusk.  I worship the God of the Bible, the God of Abraham,  Issac and Jacob/Israel.
      June 12, 2018 10:07 AM MDT