Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You desperately want attention. You have no talent or ability whatsoever with which to EARN it. How would YOU go about it? Why?

You desperately want attention. You have no talent or ability whatsoever with which to EARN it. How would YOU go about it? Why?

Posted - June 11, 2018

Responses

I guess I would correct spelling and grammar online until people finally notice me. 
    That seems to be what some attention seekers do.
      June 11, 2018 10:40 AM MDT

Such people are a  particular DISLIKE of mine Summer and I was an ENGLISH MAJOR! Lacking any talent or creativity all they have left to get attention is to ride the coattails of other people who ARE creative/inventive/imaginative. Relentlessly! AARRGGHH!  Was it Dr. Norman Vincent  Peale who wrote a book entitled "How to win friends and influence people"? Whomever it was who wrote it what we need is for someone to write an opposite book about the pouncers! "How to absolutely positively irrefutably and definitely alienate folks". SIGH. It's clearly all they got and I suppose that should elicit pity from me but it doesn't! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      June 12, 2018 5:08 AM MDT

Thank you for your support.
    I haven't been around here much lately, but I was wondering how your son is doing.
    I try to pray for his health.
    I don't know if it helps.

June 12, 2018 5:15 AM MDT

((hugs)) Oh my goodness Summer. What a kind thing for you to tell me. Right now I'm honestly misty-eyed. That you would remember astonishes me. Well David had another operation to remove a blockage from his intestines so he is able to eat now which is a very good. The cancer is still there but for right now he is comfy. So each day is a precious blessing. Thank you so much for noticing and caring enough to say something. You are very kind and I shall look forward to seeing you at any time you want to drop by! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 12, 2018 9:31 AM MDT
      June 12, 2018 5:38 AM MDT

Awww...I'm so sorry that your son is struggling with his health issues.
    It makes me sad to know that you must be suffering as well as his mother.
    My brother died in a car crash last summer and his wife has terminal cancer.
    They have a little girl.
    His wife has been doing all sorts of treatments and even travelling to Mexico from Canada for certain treatments.
    They had given her two years to live, but now after trying many different things she told me that her markers are down and the tumors are shrinking and if she stays on a very strict diet she may live.
    That has been incredible news especially because she has a daughter who already lost her father.
    Anyway, I mention it because when I pray for her it reminds me to pray for you and your son as well.
    I just hope that he can have success with his treatments and for you two to have a long, healthy, happy life together.

I will keep praying when I can.
    (Hugs)
    Happy Tuesday to you as well.

This post was edited by Summer at June 14, 2018 4:58 AM MDT
      June 12, 2018 9:30 AM MDT

Thank you for sharing what you and your family are going through Summer. I shall pray for you and yours s well. I do hope that the apparent success continues on to the best conclusion which of course would be to be cancer-free! Miracles do happen. I have experienced several so I am aware of the possibility of one happening at any time to any one. Sometimes we experience them and don't realize it at the time. Only later do we comprehend what happened. Condolences to you on the loss of your brother. Has her "remission" been verified in the US by US doctors Summer? I bring that up because as I recall years ago the actor Steve McQueen went to Mexico for treatments for his terminal cancer. Not that doctors in Mexico aren't trustworthy or competent. But you get second opinions before you have something significant done. I think one ought to be able to get second opinions on the efficacy of medical treatments and/or opinions. Anyway I hope and pray for the best. A little girl who loses both her father and mother at such a young age is cruel. I hope she is spared that. Happy Thursday m'dear! :)
      June 14, 2018 5:06 AM MDT

That's a good point.
    I never thought of that.
    Honestly my brother and his family were somewhat estranged from the rest of our family for years before he passed away.
    I don't have close contact with my sister in-law to ask her more details about her treatment.
    I just visit with my niece occasionally while she plays with my son and I recently saw my sister in law at a gas station and I gave her a big hug.
    I hope that her current condition has been verified.
    I know she was getting various forms of chemotherapy.
    She was in Canada, the US and Mexico.
    I imagine that she has been in close consultation with doctors closer to home.
    I just hope for the best.

I hope that your son can get help as well.

Thank you for the reply.
    Have a good day Rosie.

June 14, 2018 5:59 AM MDT

Thank you Summer. I hope your Friday is a good one too! In the olden days before retirement I remember how wondrous Fridays were. After retirement every day is wondrous! I guess they save the best for last! :)
      June 15, 2018 3:29 AM MDT

See: Kim Khardashian

June 11, 2018 3:22 PM MDT

As an Armenian American I don't mind her or the family at all DonB. She gives the fans what they like. The  FANS are the culprits here not the Kardashians. Without fans you would never have heard the name except when her dad Robert defended that MURDERER O.J.  Simpson.  Networks don't run shows unless the numbers are good. Here a Kardashian there a Kardashian everywhere a Kardashian. Khloe had a TV show about exercise and body image. Kendall is a high-fashion model. Kylie has a cosmetics line. Kourtney, Kim and Khloe have clothing stores called DASH. I don't know how many. Why are they everywhere all the time? Because they have a gazillion fans. If you could make BIG BUCKS by selling yourself wouldn't you do so too? In defense of such folks I BLAME all the fans for enabling them. I BLAME those who voted in don juan for enabling him. Why blame opportunists for anything? Without suckers buying what the perps have to sell you'd hear nary a word about them. I guess you can see where I stand/sit/kneel. No disrespect intended but I prefer to put the blame smack dab where it belongs. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! We're  still good though, right even though I disagree with thee?
      June 12, 2018 5:18 AM MDT

I mentioned Ms Kim because she meets the criteria of your question. I have no quarrel with her, or her family. If a person can convince someone to pay them tons of money for just BEING, then good on them. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 12, 2018 6:25 AM MDT
      June 12, 2018 6:16 AM MDT

I understand that DonB. It's just that she is always used as the poster child for some negative however you frame it. She is one of the scapegoats most often used in fact. I never see her named mentioned in admiration. I just pointed that there are others like King Don who do much damage. How does Kim Kardashian damage YOUR life? Versus what is the potential for damage by the King?. Worth noting don'tcha think?
      June 12, 2018 6:23 AM MDT

The only negative that meets my eye in regard to the Khardashian brood, is that there is such a demand to enable their celebrity. But again, good on them. 

They don’t rate on the despicability scale like Pres Caligula. 
      June 12, 2018 6:30 AM MDT

EXACTAMUNDO! They give the public what a rather large segment of it wants apparently. At what cost? I am a very private person and no amount of money would entice me to open up my life like that. I'm not a person who hankers to be THE STAR. I'm good with controlling things on the sidelines though. I'm a detail person and very task-oriented. That doesn't need the spotlight. Cameras everywhere all the time. What a nightmare that would be for me! Give the public what it wants and you cannot fail. I don't begrudge any of them anything. The public gives it willingly(adoration/interest) and in return the public gets whatever it needs from them. I think it's an even exchange. Thank you for your reply DonB and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      June 15, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

I'd bring my dog to all the summer community events and then in a high pitched voice I would say - beep - beep beep  which is my dogs Q to start doing the wolf howling at the moon thing. He will keep doing it for about a minute then when he stops I say - beep - beep beep  and he starts again. Pretty sure that would get me a lot of attention that I don't deserve because I didn't train him to do it he just started doing it when he heard the backing up beeper on the garbage truck. I guess why I would do it is because it's a hoot and my dog really enjoys it.  Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 12, 2018 5:19 AM MDT
      June 11, 2018 6:00 PM MDT

Well m'dear you got my attention and entertained me and I didn't hear/see anything. All I did was imagine it from your description. You know what though? Pets and children automatically attract attention. They don't have to do or "say" anything. Folks will just walk up to the dog and pet it if the tail is wagging or admire the cute little kid and say so. Animals and kids are attention-magnets just by being. I'm gonna ask a question about it Nanoose. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 12, 2018 5:22 AM MDT

Maybe we post on chat sites.  I think we all need some attention. And we probably should be satisfied with what we receive from our husband, lovers, family, at work etc.  But certainly I often have a feeling that, beyond my husband and a few other people, no one really attends to me or listens to me.  At least in a social situation. At work what I say can command some attention because that is the way the company is structures.  But socially I have always been the one in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up after while other people are just running their numbers. Most of the people who receive attention don't really necessarily 'earn" it. Whatever that means. They are just louder or more outrageous or command a following because people think they can do something for them.  Some women take their clothing off or do something outrageous and embarrassing or socially improper to receive attention.  All things I could never do. And even if I could doubt very much that would bring me any attention! Though I do like it when men do pay attention to me even though I know they really don't want much from me. 

So I really have the feeling that I don't really matter a whole hell of a lot to people, nor does what I say or write matter. Still I reach out for attention even knowing I will not receive much.  Not desperately because I am happy with my life and my lot.  But just would be nicer and make me feel better about myself if I felt I mattered to more people. 
      June 12, 2018 6:39 AM MDT

Have a big fat a$$, marry a rap "artist" with a bigger ego than Trump's and give your kid a REALLY stupid name. Worked for Kim Kardashian.
      June 15, 2018 4:37 AM MDT

Sure....but Kardashians were famous long before all of that....why I don't know.
      June 15, 2018 5:28 PM MDT