Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever met a person who was perfectly not for you?

Have you ever met a person who was perfectly not for you?

I was just reading a woman's online profile.
I was kind of taken aback by how many indicators or red flags I saw in her description of herself that were things I now try to personally avoid.
Not that she's a bad person.
I just know that it would be bad for me.

She had many, many selfies to start with

She said that she works shifts

She said that she is basically obsessed with animals

She said that she's bossy

She said that she wants to travel

She said that she has a child and any man who she is with would become an "Insta-dad."

Personally I've been through all of that.
I am not going to watch her child and feed her animals while she works ridiculous shifts and sleeps all day and bosses me around.
Then spends all of our money on trips.

I was amazed at how completely incompatible I would be with her.

Have you ever met anyone completely incompatible with you?

Posted - June 12, 2018

Responses

All men and 99% of women.
      June 12, 2018 12:25 PM MDT

I hear you.
    Luckily there's a lot of people online and surprisingly I read quite a few profiles a day of women who are very independent and seem like they would be a great addition to my life if they're interested.
     I definitely see some that scare me honestly as well though.
    I guess we have bad experiences and we all end up skeptical to some degree.
     I hope you have good luck in your love life.

June 12, 2018 12:36 PM MDT

What love life? I'm married.
      June 12, 2018 12:37 PM MDT

LoL!
    Umm....
    I better just keep my mouth shut, I'm kinda over marriage too.

If I remember correctly your wife has some health issues that affect your "Love life" or maybe it was you?
    Sorry.
    My memory isn't the best.
    I guess the good thing about marriages is that you get a million second chances to try to fix it before it sinks.
    Dr. Phil said "Every relationship needs a hero."
    I guess one person has to initiate the effort to fix it regardless of how far gone it is.
    Sometimes it can be fixed and sometimes it's over.
    Either way life goes on.
    Good luck my friend, marriages get hard.

This post was edited by Summer at June 12, 2018 4:56 PM MDT
      June 12, 2018 12:53 PM MDT

We get along fine. I am over it. We rarely even argue. Thanks for your concern, though.
      June 12, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

HAHAHAHAH Soon to be a bigamist. I hope she comes to our wedding. ;))
      June 12, 2018 4:52 PM MDT

OMG...now everyone knows. Randy will come hunt me down...as will JA. I am doomed.
      June 12, 2018 4:58 PM MDT

Dude, you have absolutely  nothing to worry about from me as long as you maneuver around the names on my marriage list and select yourself a lady who is not slated to be my next bride.  My marriages to them will be extremely short-lived, each followed by a quick divorce, as I move on to the next one. With a strategy like that, you're move more than welcome to cut in. 

~ This post was edited by Randy D at June 13, 2018 5:40 AM MDT
      June 12, 2018 7:13 PM MDT

Cad.
      June 12, 2018 7:31 PM MDT

What are you worried about, Boo?  Your name's really close to the very top of the list.

~
      June 12, 2018 8:07 PM MDT

-cricket-  -cricket-  -cricket-  (dog barking in the back ground) -cricket- -cricket-
      June 12, 2018 9:11 PM MDT

I've met a lifetime of them, except for one. :  )
      June 12, 2018 1:14 PM MDT

Great!
    What was one thing about all of those incompatible people that turned you off of them?
      June 12, 2018 1:37 PM MDT

They weren't the right one. 
      June 12, 2018 6:31 PM MDT

My sweetie does it for me.  We are meant to be together. 
      June 12, 2018 6:49 PM MDT

All the time. Fortunately for all concerned, they tend to be married to other people. Doesn’t make them not worth knowing. 
      June 12, 2018 4:28 PM MDT

That's true.

June 12, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

Yes, zillions of them. 

~
      June 12, 2018 8:35 PM MDT

I get sad when I remember that one woman. I met her at a dance class and she had love in her eyes. She was interested in science and logic and all that stuff that turns me on.

When I was a kid teachers still beat the students, and most of my grade school teachers were big women. That is why it makes my skin crawl to be around a woman who is bigger than me. This woman, the love of my life, was bigger than me. She also had a 12yo daughter who thought her mother was committing adultery by socializing with me. 

I decided that was just an unworkable arrangement, but I will remember her as long as I live.
      June 13, 2018 2:05 AM MDT

Please get up and away from your computer and your "online profiles" and get cleaned up and go out and start really meeting and spending time with and getting to know people.  You know you are judging her entirely by what you read online which is just sad.  Condemning her as a potential partner or whatever without even getting to know her. 

I just have operated by thinking that people who are not for me first of all will not be interested in me. If someone is then they become a possibility and it might work out or not. Much too negative to go around thinking that certain people are "not for me".
      June 13, 2018 5:48 AM MDT