Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It isn't enough to be 35 and a natural-born citizen. We NEED a test they must pass FIRST before they run. Do you object? WHY?

It isn't enough to be 35 and a natural-born citizen. We NEED a test they must pass FIRST before they run. Do you object? WHY?

For starters being conversant with the history of the country you wish to lead should be essential. It's just like reading up on a company to learn what it manufactures. Taking a job is meaningless if you can't figure out what's required at a bare minimum. Talk is cheap. Passing tests could be expensive but worth it.

Posted - June 13, 2018

Responses

No I don't object - maybe there should also be a musical talent  part of the text - like they should be asked to sing America The Beautiful.  Trump would of failed that part of the text because when he was singing that song at the White house he didn't seem to know the words, There should also be trick questions on the text like -what's heavier a pound of steal or a pound of aluminum. Cheers!
      June 13, 2018 8:42 AM MDT

*on the TEST.
    *what's heavier, (COMMA) a pound of STEEL or aluminum.
      June 13, 2018 8:57 AM MDT

You're hired Nanoose! To create the questionaire. Seriously. You have no equal so the job is yours! How soon can you start? Thank you for your reply! You Canadians are very quiet and modest and low-key. Very crafty clever! Thank you for your thoughtful reply! So can you pencil it in?
      June 13, 2018 12:24 PM MDT

Well I hope the job includes back pay because I just thought of another one. Question: as president should Senators plant 2lips  or tulips for you? Cheers!
      June 13, 2018 1:03 PM MDT

Back pay retroactive to the first time we chatted. Absolutely! I didn't keep track of that but I bet YOU did! So since you will be well paid how about both 2lips AND tulips?  When I can't decide I either buy nothing or many things. So how's about it? How many colors of tulips are there? I know 2lips come in a zillion different colors depending upon the color of lipstick. I think coordinating the colors would be a good thing. Wouldn't want the 2lips to clash with the tulipts! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      June 14, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

Rosie, you do realize that such a requirement, which would need to be implemented by an amendment to the US Constitution and thus take at least 3-5 years to pass, would not affect President Trump, don't you?
      June 13, 2018 9:02 AM MDT

To insure that they agree with you?  No the beauty and freedom of our system is that we don't need all that we can just be ourselves and that is OK. 
      June 13, 2018 9:26 AM MDT