Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What's the worst thing that anyone has ever said to you?

What's the worst thing that anyone has ever said to you?

Posted - June 14, 2018

Responses

"Get over it".

I can take being slandered, ridiculed, even abused.  But nothing cuts deeper into my soul than hearing that phrase.
      June 14, 2018 2:00 PM MDT

Yeah, I think I know what you mean.
    It's very dismissive almost like your feelings don't matter.

June 14, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

That they were going to cut me up and throw me away. I know I'm Trailer Trash but it still hurt my feelings. Cheers!
      June 14, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

Cut you up?
    Yeah, that's crazy!!

They don't sound like they have much respect for human life.

June 14, 2018 2:08 PM MDT

anything thats rude
      June 14, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

I took care of my mother for the last six years of her life. When her friends said she must be happy to have a son at home taking care of her, she told them no, she didn't care. And then she came home and told me about it. 
      June 14, 2018 4:20 PM MDT

Wow!!
    That's hard to hear.
    I too have taken care of people and then found out later that they couldn't care less.
    I don't know if this one incident is really telling of the whole relationship with your mother or not? Sometimes when people are in poor health or pain they get really frustrated and irritable.
    The week before my dad died he was frustrated that he couldn't fix anything and he was so sick.
    He called us all a bunch of as_holes.
    Then he came outside and got in his machinery and helped me push a tree over that was hung up.
    He died a week later, but I'll never forget him helping me.
    He was just upset and understandably so.
    Maybe your mother was frustrated too?
    If not, the important thing is that you did the right thing by caring for her.
    You can hold your head high.

June 15, 2018 12:47 PM MDT

Anything that undermines my intelligence.'No' is always bad to use around me.
      June 14, 2018 6:19 PM MDT

• That I'm too much in my head.
    They have no idea how much it hurts.
    First, I know my feelings moment by moment and am rarely unaware of them.
    Second, they are telling me they don't like or accept me as I am.
    It pretty much ends it for me.
      June 14, 2018 6:55 PM MDT

• That I'm too much in my head.
    My head is where I find the greatest pleasure in life - exploring ideas and the world.
    They have no idea how much it hurts.
    I interpret the statement to mean they don't like or accept me as I am.

I know my feelings moment by moment, and am rarely unaware of them.
    I don't believe I hide my feelings, except when there is a specific need for tact.

It pretty much ends it for me. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 15, 2018 1:04 PM MDT
      June 14, 2018 6:55 PM MDT

After a trip to Colombia my father told me that if I ever got kidnapped, he would not pay any ransom.
      June 14, 2018 7:17 PM MDT

That's terrible.
    Were you guys arguing or maybe in need of some space from one another after a long trip together?
    It doesn't excuse what he said, but sometimes people fight when they spend too much time together.
    That's how me and my brother were at times. This post was edited by Summer at June 15, 2018 1:05 PM MDT
      June 15, 2018 12:52 PM MDT