Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Should you post the best or worst picture of yourself on a dating profile?

Should you post the best or worst picture of yourself on a dating profile?

I used to take time to really get good lighting and take the best pictures, but I wonder if that's a bad idea.
I feel like maybe posting a really crappy picture and just being a nice guy is the way to go.
Then when you meet she can be pleasantly surprised rather than possibility disappointed.
Or I might just post a crazy, psycho looking picture and see what that attracts?

Do you post the BEST possible pictures of yourself online?

What do you think?

Posted - June 14, 2018

Responses

I don't post pictures of myself on the internet.  At all.  I also will never be part of an online date hook-up site.  So.....I'm no help here.  Or maybe I am.
      June 14, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

I guess I understand how you feel.

I think for me it was like once I posted a few then it felt like it didn't matter as much anymore.
    I don't know, to each their own.

June 14, 2018 2:45 PM MDT

I posted both (different sites) .  Still never got even one repley. 
      June 14, 2018 3:14 PM MDT

probably the best one
      June 14, 2018 3:24 PM MDT

That would depend on what kind of woman you want to answer. How many psycho crazies do you respond to?
      June 14, 2018 5:35 PM MDT

I guess you have a point.
    Maybe I should just post an average picture.

June 14, 2018 9:24 PM MDT

You should take an average picture. Be up front and honest with who you are, wouldn't you want that from the other person.
      June 15, 2018 9:14 AM MDT

• It probably depends on what kind of site you're aiming for.
    I don't go on any of them and never have.
    Common sense says your image plus whatever you say about yourself creates the first impression.
    If you're looking for a relationship, honesty counts very high.
    If the real live you matches your image that's a good sign.
      June 14, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

Thanks.
    I think multiple pictures of me with some silly and a few normal is what I'm doing.
    My sister told me that I'm funny and that I should try to show that.
    Yes, honesty is very important to me.
    Maybe too important?
    Not sure. This post was edited by Summer at June 14, 2018 9:28 PM MDT
      June 14, 2018 9:27 PM MDT

• I don't believe honesty can ever be too important.
    Functional relationships depend on good, open communication.

Funny is good - most people find it a highly desirable attribute. But it's equally good to be able to be serious when appropriate.

If a man is looking for a serious relationship he wants the whole package; a woman who enjoys sex and play but who is also a great companion, has empathy and compassion for him, is helpful, has passionate interests of her own, is independent but can equally accept help, and knows her own mind.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 15, 2018 8:36 AM MDT
      June 14, 2018 10:03 PM MDT

I guess what I meant by honesty being possibly too important to me is that sometimes maybe my standards are too high.
    People are not perfect and I fear that expecting them to be totally honest and transparent is what usually leaves me with a broken heart.

I think as I get older and more experienced I'm realizing that romantic relationships with people are not nearly as important or legitimate as the bond we have with our children.
    that's real.
    The kind of love that parent has for their child is pure.
    These other relationships can be good, but I try not to invest all of my heart into them anymore.
    It's just not worth the pain.
    I'm learning to make a quick recovery after relationships end and to move on because there are so many other people out there.
    I may never find the right one, but I may meet a lot of pretty good ones.
    That's kind of where I'm at mentally regarding relationships right now.
      June 15, 2018 8:47 AM MDT

• I've  never had a "dating profile"; it's humorous to even picture myself with such a thing. But I would try and take a flattering photo, the reason being that I believe I look better in person than I do in most photographs. I don't want to sell myself short with a mediocre or bad photo. 
      June 14, 2018 8:23 PM MDT

That's awesome that you look better in person.
    I'm not sure if I do.
    Sometimes I purposely get a tan, get in shape and take pictures.
    Then I realize that I've gotta maintain whatever look I put out there. LoL!

June 14, 2018 9:33 PM MDT