Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you believe for one instant that Albert Einstein was racist or would even entertain such a notion?

Do you believe for one instant that Albert Einstein was racist or would even entertain such a notion?

Not I.

Posted - June 14, 2018

Responses

I suppose it is fair to say that he was racist earlier in life but that does not necessarily mean that he did not change his views as he progressed through life, a person's thinking, just like life itself can evolve over time. I have been to some of the places he speaks of in his diaries and even now nearly a century later you can still find the practices that 'shocked' him in common use today.
      June 14, 2018 5:29 PM MDT

i dont think so
      June 14, 2018 5:54 PM MDT

• He may have been at some point in his life. I just hope we don't do the usual "court of public opinion" BS where we now see Einstein as a horrible person whose ideas aren't worth listening to because he said something un-PC in a private diary. 
      June 14, 2018 8:41 PM MDT

No I think he was way to smart to let racism be a part of his life's  equations. Cheers!
      June 14, 2018 8:53 PM MDT

I do not believe Einstein held any ill will toward a particular race, but definitely had distaste for certain ideologies, like Naziism and theism. 
      June 14, 2018 9:21 PM MDT

Who cares?  He had opinions based on the peoples he actually came into contact with.  That is not criminal regardless of America's obsession with everyone's attitudes toward others that includes their individual racial qualities.  These are natural thoughts and opinions and it's really OK to express them.  All of the little offended snow flakes might just melt away.  The sooner the better.
      June 15, 2018 12:56 AM MDT

Well guess then you'll have to re-write all the history books to remove any mention of him and strip him of any credit for his accomplishments.  Pretend they never happened and he never existed. 
      June 15, 2018 5:00 AM MDT

Would that mean nuclear weapons would cease to exist?  LOL
      June 15, 2018 2:48 PM MDT

No, I don't see his comments that way. The left see any criticism of anyone who happens to be a different colour as racist. It's mental illness.

It is always amusing when the left find something politically incorrect about someone they admire, and then feel an impulse to strip them of all honour and expunge them from history.

Even if he was a racist, so what? There is no reason to treat one unenlightened opinion as if it invalidates everything else there is to admire in a person. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 16, 2018 3:18 PM MDT
      June 15, 2018 5:59 AM MDT

It is a mental illness!!  

Good answer, Z.
      June 15, 2018 1:57 PM MDT