Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever had an epiphany in the heat of passion?

Have you ever had an epiphany in the heat of passion?

I was in a passionate situation recently and just as it was coming to a finish I came to an understanding.
Love is best experienced while you're making love.
In that moment I didn't understand the reason for marriage or relationships anymore, I felt like my mind was clear.
I felt like I had come to an understanding.

Do you think the truth is revealed in those moments or was it due to some kind of temporary hormonal shift?

Posted - June 15, 2018

Responses

No.  I think you are mistaken.  Love is experienced in life's ugly, messy, stinky, sick, inconvenient, hurtful places.  It survives.  

You may have experienced a phenomenon during lovemaking that few of us ever experience where there is a real sense of the union of souls.  
      June 15, 2018 9:53 PM MDT

Maybe?
    I don't know if I've ever experienced a union of souls yet?
    It may have happened during some moments within my relationships.
    That giddy feeling you get when you meet someone and you're thinking about them all the time and you just know that they're thinking about you too and you get excited just to see them.
    Those moments are good, but relationships seem to fade.
    I guess what I was feeling in that moment of passion was that making love makes sense.
    It is a natural expression of everything we feel.
    Once that's over it seems like a challenge to be happy together.
    I guess I'm a bit jaded.
    I need to possibly find a relationship with someone who isn't a challenge.
    Someone who feels natural all the time.
    I wonder if that's possible between a man and a woman or if I should just make love to different women because the lovemaking seems like the real connection.
    The rest may just be following societal norms.
    Hmm...

June 15, 2018 10:19 PM MDT

OK no one is going to feel "natural all the time". That is fantasy and romantic nonsense.  Relationships should not be a challenge either , they should be basically enjoyment of one another. Perhaps you have not been with anyone you really enjoy being with. Not just talking about sex but just hanging out and being with one another, doing things with lone another, just being in one another's company.  Remember in another post I told you need to look for a friend as well as a lover?  Lovers will come and go - friends are more lasting because you enjoy one another on many different levels. 
    We make love to different people because we want to make love to different people. But when it just stays on that level you will never get to know them or bond with them.  Its just a shallower and harrower relationship. Here is something to think about: how much of love is responsibility?

I have corresponded with men on the net who just don't seem to enjoy the company of women.  Except sex. Who knows why?  Maybe they don't like us. As they mature although they may live very active lives they do recognize this as a stumbling block and they are very lonely and unhappy. 
      June 16, 2018 4:58 AM MDT

In all fairness I've also met people in relationships who are lonely and unhappy so pairing up is no guarantee of a better life.
    I've been through it.
      June 16, 2018 10:33 AM MDT

That is infatuation/in love.  A completely different thing from what I'm talking about.  What I'm talking about you obviously have not experienced.  
      June 16, 2018 10:20 AM MDT

Care to explain "The Union of souls" further?
      June 16, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

No.  If you care to read about it you can.  The phrase "union of souls" has been hijacked by sorcery lovers and sex cults and I probably should not have used it.  If you run into that, that is not what I'm talking about.  
      June 16, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

?? You call it "epiphany"?

Everybody else calls it "the wet spot".
      June 15, 2018 10:11 PM MDT

LoL!
      June 15, 2018 10:21 PM MDT

When I'm up there and my orgasms are coming every five or ten minutes OK don't want to think at all but just want it to keep going!

Making love is only a very small and rather obvious part of love.

If you no longer understand the reason for marriage or relationships have you considered that you might be self-centered and unsympathetic?
      June 16, 2018 4:45 AM MDT

No, I was married.
    I did everything for her.
    It didn't work out and I'm not sure that I have to go through that again. This post was edited by Summer at June 16, 2018 10:28 AM MDT
      June 16, 2018 10:27 AM MDT

Doing everything for your spouse does not equate into a happy and lasting life together.  You can be sure that you do not ever go through that again.  It can never be so one sided and have longevity.  Even though this is how we can show love to a partner, it poisons a relationship.
      June 16, 2018 11:12 AM MDT

I think that you're right, I just didn't have a choice.
    We have a child and I had to work and raise him because she didn't want to.
    She's more interested in money.
    That's the way it still is to this day.

I do know what you're saying though and I agree that relationships based on an equal respect are probably better. This post was edited by Summer at June 17, 2018 12:16 AM MDT
      June 16, 2018 11:21 AM MDT

It's different for everybody, as you can see from the various answers here. lol 
      June 16, 2018 7:24 PM MDT