Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » At the same time a woman knows if a man will ever be a bed partner within the first 5 minutes of meeting him does a man know if a woman

At the same time a woman knows if a man will ever be a bed partner within the first 5 minutes of meeting him does a man know if a woman

will ever be marriage material within the first 5 minutes of meeting her?

Posted - June 16, 2018

Responses

I don't think either of those ideas is true.  You might be sexually attracted immediately, but not always.  You can also get a gut feeling about someone's character very quickly, but that also can be wrong. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 19, 2018 5:09 AM MDT
      June 16, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

I am afraid both are wishful thinking.. .generally speaking women aren't looking for someone to bed, they are looking for a partner, someone to love and be with romantically... Men are generally looking for the opposite - a bed partner.. That is a generalisation as I said.. 

But dealing with your question... I have, ahem, a fair bit of experience in this department...  and I honestly found that you really cannot tell just by looking if a man will be good in bed.. I have been pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised on both those fronts.. so no, you cannot tell... Attraction helps enjoyment as does newness and excitement.. but I am afraid performance is still a key factor, and long term counts even more...

However,. when I was meeting, and I met a lot, (well you have to check as many as possible out don't you?) I could tell in the first meet whether they were what I was seeking.. 

As to men, lol well men being, generally pretty visual creatures, they would really go by how attracted and turned on by someone.. again whether that person is actually good in bed who knows... As to marriage.. well depending on how able the male was able to get past his lust/attraction and think clearly.. well I guess it might be possible if the man is ultra self-aware and ultra sensible when it comes to sorting the weeds from the corn. 
      June 16, 2018 11:14 AM MDT

To be fair, it's not the concept of whether or not woman look for or are looking for men to bed. The post refers to the general idea that in a situation wherein a woman meets a man for the first time, she generally makes up her mind within five minutes as to whether or not she wants to have sex with him. It does not mean that sex will or might occur within those five minutes, it's just that she generalky decides yes or no on the issue of her desire for having sex with him. The sex may or may not take place immediately, if at all, it's just a general supposition that women can make the decision from the start.
      You are also correct in that generally, no one can determine another person's sexual prowess merely by looking at him or her. The concept does not suggest that either. It's more along the general lines of, "Is this a man with whom I want to have sex?" Followed by a yes, no, maybe, or I don't know.
    I hope this helps.

~
      June 16, 2018 7:02 PM MDT

Based on  my experience and what I have from others I would comment on both Addb's answer and Randy's comment. 

I think we do look foremost for security - a secure situation - for ourselves and our children.  Which is not necessarily romantic unless we find it so.  All of which does not mean that somehow we can't or don't enjoy sex as well.  Most of us.   Which can compliment and affirm us as well as illuminate us.  As well as being a very pleasant and pleasurable way of passing the time of day!

Randy I think you are basing too much on what you call our "desire for having sex with him".  I guess lust.  Which of course is a factor but as Addb mentions we are looking for other things too.  Desire which we may not feel in the first five minutes but which once we get in bed with him with our clothes off of course we do. 

And regarding "prowess" well for most of us things don't get great right away.  Or seldom do.  But when we like someone and see a future for ourselves with him then we  will naturally adjust to him and cultivate him so that hopefully things do become great given time.  Which can be true for our casual relationships as well as our close ones. 
      June 19, 2018 5:36 AM MDT

I'm sure that some men know (or think that they know) that a particular woman might be their future wife within that time frame. It would be impossible to assume that no men ever know it/ever have known it. 

~
      June 16, 2018 12:56 PM MDT

The turning point for a man is often "YOU'RE WHAT?"

This post was edited by Not Sure at June 16, 2018 5:30 PM MDT
      June 16, 2018 5:05 PM MDT

LOL
      June 16, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

June 16, 2018 7:54 PM MDT

Couldn't you pick another video? That one sux.

Would you believe I have never seen Bob Dylan before now?
      June 17, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

I searched for quite a while to find 'the best'. Dylan never did record very well.

The above video was pubblished by the company distributing his songs ;-))

This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at June 19, 2018 3:12 AM MDT
      June 19, 2018 2:50 AM MDT

Nah, men too focus on the 'bed partner' thing first.
      June 16, 2018 7:48 PM MDT

Both might be comforting illusions but if everybody subscribed to them to simplify their lives and protect themselves from anguish there would be a lot fewer bed partners or marriages.  Real life is much more complicated then those would lead you to believe. 
      June 19, 2018 5:08 AM MDT