Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Someone said "the only thing we got from the North Korea SUMMIT meeting was a photo op and a handshake". Agree/dis/why?

Someone said "the only thing we got from the North Korea SUMMIT meeting was a photo op and a handshake". Agree/dis/why?

Posted - June 16, 2018

Responses

I disagree because I think we also got another good example of how gullible and self centered Donald Trump can be. For him to think that his hand shake to a 3 generation dictator ended a nuclear threat is dangerous thinking and people are uncomfortable about that and he lost a bit of support because of it. Cheers and happy weekend
      June 16, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

D'ya really think he lost support? Not among his base. Who else supports him Nanoose? He told us to sleep well because the nuclear threat from North Korea is over. I wonder if he really believes that he is a SUPERMAN? Thank you for your reply and Happy Father's Day Sunday!  :)
      June 17, 2018 2:05 AM MDT

I really do think he lost support - out of the millions of people that support him some of them must of thought for a big talker you did nothing plus you saluted a North Korean general. Even if it was only 3 people it's a good start. I think he lost or will loose supporters because of the G7 meeting and the tariff thing;  A few people that did the math must of concluded that Trump's trade war will devastate their life. Cheers!
      June 17, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

I can hardly wait for them to feel the effects on their bank accounts. They believed whatever the lying bas**rd tells them. Let's see if they still believe him when they can't pay their bills! Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 20, 2018 11:21 AM MDT

We got hosed.  Doesn't that count as something? 

Clearly Kimmy walked away with more.  Donny was more interested in making sure he looked good than anything else.  It was vividly apparent that he has no clue how to "negotiate".  He somehow thinks that by shaking hands with and saying nice things about Kimmy, everything is suddenly hunky-dory.   Kimmy's become Donny's BFF.  Why, he even saluted one of NK's generals.  Yep, with one handshake (and one copped feel) NK went from the US's #1 enemy to the US's #1 ally.  And Donny's so proud of himself for it.  He tries so hard to pat himself on the back.
      June 16, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

Did we somehow get transported to Through the Looking Glass Shuhak? Or the negative world where black is now all we see? Topsy turvy world. Venerating what used to be unthinkable. King don didn't make folks like his style. These folks were always there lying in wait for someone like him to make folks like them acceptable. Which is as sad as it is shocking. What next? Who knows? Oy vey! Thank you for your reply and Happy Father's Day Sunday! :)
      June 17, 2018 2:09 AM MDT

We got some sort of an agreement. We got the first step to the denuclearization of Korea. No sanctions were removed and if Kim does not follow through then no sanctions will ever be removed and more will be applied.
      June 17, 2018 12:17 PM MDT