Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If you wish to deny a man knows within the first 5 minutes or so of meeting a woman if she is marriage material or not wanna bet his

If you wish to deny a man knows within the first 5 minutes or so of meeting a woman if she is marriage material or not wanna bet his

mom will know?

Posted - June 17, 2018

Responses

LOL well I never denied it... but I did say that a LOT of other things get in the way ... like lust, so so so many men I talk to ended up with a woman who seems entirely unsuitable.. and it's cos actually when they met it was other things on their mind... so much so that compatibility etc was last on the list. 

I am going to deny the mom bit tho.. mom's THINK they know.. but again their own vested interests and opinions get in the way of making a proper judgement and evaluation.. I don't think you can make a proper evaluation at all in 5 mins... but least of all moms.. 

I know a guy whose mom has told him that every woman he's dated is unsuitable... and horrible.. end result is that he is alone, and now fantasises marrying his mom!! Be warned lol!  Point is tho his mom doesn't know.. she is acting on HER own bias that no one is ever good enough..
      June 17, 2018 4:03 AM MDT

If he has a good relationship with his mother, its likely that HE will pick a woman out that is a lot like her.
      June 17, 2018 4:25 AM MDT

Well that would be highly subjective both for him and his mother.  And while some men may indeed think in terms of "marriage material" I think most still want to get to know us first before they start thinking about that.  Plus a lot of men have other things to do with us besides just marry us!
      June 17, 2018 5:05 AM MDT

It has been said that if you want to know what your woman will be like, look at her mother.  I'm sure there are exceptions to that, though.
      June 17, 2018 9:56 AM MDT

Pears do not fall far from the tree :)
      June 17, 2018 2:16 PM MDT

Nor apples. :)
      June 17, 2018 2:26 PM MDT

It's hard to tell because my mom likes everyone at first.
    What is "Marriage material" anyway?
    People change in life and throughout the course of a marriage.
    That's why couples drift apart sometimes.
    They go through changes and don't always grow together or necessarily want to go the same direction in life.
    Relationships to me are fluid situations that change and evolve.
    People change and evolve.
    I'm not positive that anyone can truly decide whether a person is marriage material or not.

June 17, 2018 10:39 AM MDT