Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Have you ever broken up a fight between two dogs (or tried to)?

Have you ever broken up a fight between two dogs (or tried to)?

~

Posted - June 17, 2018

Responses

• Sadly ... "yes."  Throwing water on them works fairly well, if available.
      June 17, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

Yes, I helped.  One dog had it's lower canine teeth caught under the other's collar.  The owner of the collared dog pulled on the leash and I held a hind leg of the other dog.
      June 17, 2018 6:57 PM MDT

(it's its)
      June 17, 2018 7:17 PM MDT

A couple of times while walking my parents' very friendly Brittany Spaniel, a large dog (a different on each of the three times) "on the loose" ran up to her and, I'd say, attacked her. I immediately got into the two of them while yelling loudly for help to the entire neighborhood. I can't remember how she and I got away, now that I think about it. But our Brittany came through unscathed.

Oh, and another time. we were walking near a house at which a ten years old or so girl was on their porch with a large dog on a leash. Her dog got excited and started running and barking toward our Brittany. That young girl, bless her heart, tried to keep up with the dog but she literally fell in the road, being dragged by the leash. And as the dog attacked - - or maybe "excitedly encountered" --  something - - the girl yelled to me, "I'm sorry!" And fortunately the adult woman at the house ran out at the same time and all ended well with the woman getting their dog under control quickly.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 24, 2018 10:20 PM MDT
      September 24, 2018 6:32 PM MDT

Children like the one you regaled are treasures. They see and understand right from wrong, and even if and when they aren't st fault, they also recognize and acknowledge empathetic viewpoints. 
    ~
      September 24, 2018 10:22 PM MDT

Yeah, you're right!
    :)
      September 25, 2018 8:30 AM MDT