Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do women judge each other harsher than men dare to?

Do women judge each other harsher than men dare to?

Brother, don't go therrre ;)

Posted - June 17, 2018

Responses

Most certainly!

~
      June 17, 2018 7:22 AM MDT

I think assuming women judge each other in one way or another would honestly be generalizing if I did that.
    I think it depends more on the personalities involved and the circumstances.
    To be clear, I'm a male.
    In my own life I try to treat everyone equally.
    I think all people regardless of sex are capable of doing good things and bad things.
    I just try to get to the truth.

June 17, 2018 8:49 AM MDT

Absolutely. Like and double like :)
      June 17, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

I am sadly aware that there are some women who do... women who are not only not supportive of their own gender but who are actively against them, judging them unfairly and harshly and needlessly..  Women who are utterly that word beginning with a B.. And I've sadly been on the receiving end of it - it's not nice :( However while there are those kind, there are also lots and lots who don't and who treat everyone well...  

I am not sure either whether the same is true of men... as in while it's not a generalisation but there certainly are men who judge other men harshly.. i.e oh he's not a man, what a wimp, and then start calling them gay... So perhaps there are baddies who are nasty in both sexes it's just that it's more talked about when it comes to women and perhaps more overlooked when it's men
      June 17, 2018 9:15 AM MDT

Women don't judge each other, they assess each other.

June 17, 2018 3:20 PM MDT

I think everybody does. We're just a lot kinder with word selection. lol 
      June 17, 2018 7:52 PM MDT

I drove limos for a while and on one occasion a lady driver mentioned another lady driver: "Blonde hair, diamond ear stud, white blouse, ring on her right hand ...

No mention of the BRIGHT RED LINCOLN TOWN CAR!
      June 17, 2018 11:45 PM MDT

No, but perhaps they judge each other MORE HARSHLY. Surprised Randy missed that one, lol.
      June 17, 2018 11:52 PM MDT

He's maturing beyond minutia into actually contributing? This post was edited by O-uknow at June 18, 2018 1:08 AM MDT
      June 18, 2018 1:07 AM MDT

He's maturing to posting in correct, comprehensible English?
      June 18, 2018 1:57 AM MDT

I believe that Ol' O there takes exception partially because of the many times I've caught his gaffs, but also in general because of the way I only focus on the grammar errors. I hope he recignizes that if and when respondents at least acknowledge the errors, I then go on to address their posts. 
      Well, he has his methods, and I have mine. I take it all in stride, fine by me. 
      June 18, 2018 5:41 AM MDT