Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » To those who are trying to avoid/reduce intake of processed food.. or trying to eat healthily.. How's it going? Are you finding it easy? Or?

To those who are trying to avoid/reduce intake of processed food.. or trying to eat healthily.. How's it going? Are you finding it easy? Or?

Posted - June 17, 2018

Responses

My son and I are part Vegan. We still eat butter and eggs but no dairy otherwise. All we eat is a raw egg shake in the morning (for protein) fresh fruits and veggies, Organic brown rice, and Organic beans for dinner. For lunch we have a spinach, kale, grape, pineapple, cucumber smoothie. We feel great, have more energy, and our grocery bill is half of what it used to be a year and a half ago since we started this new way of eating. (although we never ate processed food ate always ate mostly organic) Its easy to do. And very fun. ;)
      June 17, 2018 11:31 AM MDT

I for one am very impressed.. was there a transition period where it was difficult? Like I had avoided processed food all day but was still hungry...there were crisps/potato chips in the cupboard... I was very tempted... I didn't but... I could see why one would... it's easy, it's quick....
      June 17, 2018 11:43 AM MDT

I craved sweets for a while but that was about it. We have been supplementing with vitamins and minerals for years and I do not now, or when we first started almost two years ago, miss processed food or meat. I never liked meat, and never ate it much anyway, but my son did. I think he missed it for a while but quickly got used to our new way of eating healthy.
      June 17, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

I hope you take a B12 supplement.
      June 17, 2018 11:07 PM MDT

I've never eaten processed foods.  
    Anything that comes with an ingredient list is suspect.  
    Pure food is the way to go.  Fresh meat, fresh or frozen veggies, fresh fruits.   
    I do very rarely have a piece of kielbasa from the German butcher...... he makes it and I don't ask questions.  It is out of this world delicious.  
      June 17, 2018 11:11 PM MDT

When I moved here I decided to plant a garden. 

Three years later, I finally noticed that my neighbor was raising free range chickens , and they were free ranging in my garden eating the sprouts, and that's why I was getting such poor results. 

I considered shooting the chickens, but you know how people freak out when you do something like that.

My neighbor no longer raises chickens, but I no longer have enough energy to plant a garden.
      June 18, 2018 12:04 AM MDT