Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you give a little of yourself away on here or a lot? What about online generally?

Do you give a little of yourself away on here or a lot? What about online generally?

I tend to be very open, if someone asks me something I answer...  or always used to...  but I wonder.. maybe others don't feel I do give much away? And I wondered too as on another site a guy has accused me of being a man. It's ok, I find it quite funny but when I looked at his profile he had no pic, had hidden his replies and his friends list.. That's ok too but it made me wonder, some people feel they need to hide everything and other's pretty much seem to feel they've nothing they don't want to share.. That's really quite interesting to me

Posted - June 18, 2018

Responses

I will give general information but I don't get too personal.
      June 18, 2018 7:21 AM MDT

I think that that's probably the best way to be.. I tend to be too open and I am like that in life and it's only at my very advanced age that I have learned that that isn't always smart.
      June 18, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

Too many nuts out there on the interweb....
      June 18, 2018 7:26 AM MDT

Too true but there are worse ones out there in real life :P
      June 18, 2018 7:30 AM MDT

By which you mean sharing part of ourselves.  Yes I am ready and willing to do so provided anyone is really interested. 
      June 18, 2018 7:34 AM MDT

That's again a lovely answer. I don't think we should close ourselves off from connections. 
      June 18, 2018 1:33 PM MDT

I do like to meet new people and I'm a bit of an exhibitionist in some ways so I enjoy sharing personal photos and information online.
    I do try to spread it around rather than putting everything in one place.
    There are some nasty people out there so I've learned to never give your full name or location no matter how much people beg for it.
    Don't let your phone track your location or tag your location in photos.
    I also don't have a Facebook account anymore either.

June 18, 2018 8:11 AM MDT

• I like your openness very much.
    I hope you will always feel free to be you just as you are.

June 18, 2018 11:03 PM MDT