Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What valuable lessons have your enemies taught you?

What valuable lessons have your enemies taught you?

Posted - June 18, 2018

Responses

12 Do not assume that everyone likes you, agrees with you or supports you. When you know you're right, even be prepared to be one against one hundred if it becomes necessary. 

11 Never reveal all that you know. Your own knowledge can be used against you.

10 Don't trust people if you don't know them well.

9 Even if you know them well, that doesn't mean you can trust them.

8 There is a bottomless pit into which a low person will stoop; never assume that anything is sacred or off-limits when they look to do you harm.

7 ALL of the lyrics to the 1971 hit song "Smiling Faces Sometimes".

6 No one can take anything from you that you don't allow them to take.
     Fight for what you want to keep, either literally or figuratively, depending on the situation.

5 Being the better person is often the best way to win.

4 Kindergarten is over (well, at least it is for most people older than 5; some still live there for decades after).

3 Always strive to do what your opponent does not expect you to do, especially when he/she initiates. You may be falling into a well-laid trap. 

2 Calm down, slow down, and pay attention. 

1 Always have a Plan B, Plan C, and Plan D.

~
      June 18, 2018 12:22 PM MDT

Not to love them; they're onto that old adage and know how to use it to stick you all the more. 
      June 18, 2018 12:59 PM MDT

Friend or Foe...

Sometimes we let life guide us, and other times we take life by the horns. But one thing is for sure: no matter how organized we are, or how well we plan, we can always expect the unexpected. ~Brandon Jenner

June 18, 2018 2:38 PM MDT

• Not everybody that craps on you is necessarily your enemy and
    everybody that gets you out of crap is not necessarily your friend
    and if you're warm and happy, no matter where you are, just keep your big mouth shut!

June 18, 2018 2:49 PM MDT

I've never had any enemies until now.. which is kinda odd to have one at my age! I have learned not to trust, not to believe people always mean well... they don't... It's a hard lesson to learn and I would wish I hadn't had to learn it at all.
      June 18, 2018 3:03 PM MDT

I really don't have any enemies, but I will refer to a saying by Robert Heinlein. "When the fox gnaws...smile."
      June 18, 2018 3:07 PM MDT

That life can change in an instant. 
      June 18, 2018 4:38 PM MDT

The "long con" is very effective.
      June 18, 2018 4:42 PM MDT

Your enemies know things about you that you do not.

If you can learn your enemies‘ strengths, their weaknesses will become clearer. 
      June 18, 2018 7:09 PM MDT

The only thing that really counts is who has the biggest army.
      June 18, 2018 7:16 PM MDT