Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some keep fighting until the battle is won. Others just give up and run. Are you a fighter or fleer?

Some keep fighting until the battle is won. Others just give up and run. Are you a fighter or fleer?

Posted - June 21, 2018

Responses

I tend to choose the hills on which I might die on.  

I saw this quote when I was in my early 20's---“On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died”

― George W. Cecil
      June 21, 2018 10:06 PM MDT

We're all gonna die anyway. Sooner or later. One way or the other. So you can choose HOW to a certain extent. You can withdraw and live in your own little cage of delusion/illusion ignoring anything you want and making up your own reality (King RAT and his sycophantic toadies) OR you can stay engaged, keep fighting (assuming you are fighting FOR something or AGAINST something) and die with your boots on so to speak. I think I'll take the latter. I don't want to "die" prematurely and then "exist" for years as a silent observer. if the choice is not mine and I have no say in the matter then I can't speak to that. But if I'm still able to decide which path to take it will always be the one where I am NOT a silent witness to the atrocities going on around me. Can I actually get in the battle and physically take on the bad guys? No? I'm not a gun person. I'm an old lady.  But can I keep talking about it and pointing i t out and screaming about it and shouting about it and informing folks about what's going on and decrying it? Dam* right I can and I will.  Even if it is to a deaf wind and no one hears. Dramatic license m'dear. I just took it. All writers do at one time or another. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      June 22, 2018 2:44 AM MDT