Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How does Donald Trump demonstrate his spirituality so much so that he appeals mostly to the Christian fundamentalist segment of America?

How does Donald Trump demonstrate his spirituality so much so that he appeals mostly to the Christian fundamentalist segment of America?

Posted - June 23, 2018

Responses

What are you talking about?

What exactly do you think "spirituality" is, and how exactly do you determine that anyone has demonstrated it?

How do you happen to know who is Christian when most Christians are not sure of that status?

What exactly do you mean by "fundamentalist", when nobody accepts that description? It seems to be a general purpose insult for somebody else's religious activities.

FWIW, here is my opinion:
    Science is anything that can be measured. Spirit is anything that can not be measured. If you accept that definition, there is no way to demonstrate "spirituality", and the rest of the questions do not apply.

June 23, 2018 2:33 AM MDT

I think of spirituality as a force usually as a force to do oood but can be also be an evil force.

A 'fundamentalist' as a Christian who abides by the 2 volumes of Christian fundamentals.
      June 23, 2018 2:46 AM MDT

IOW you make it up in your own head.
      June 23, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

Sometimes but how do you think the term 'fundamentalist' originated?

When I use the term spirituality I don't necessarily mean supernatural spirituality. The alternate (naturally occurring) force is 'consciousness' This post was edited by Kittigate at June 23, 2018 6:03 PM MDT
      June 23, 2018 5:41 PM MDT

What I find most vexing, spirituality concerns aside, is how the devout Christians who are referred to as “Evangelicals”, can support a man who has lived his 71 years in a fashion that is so far removed from their oft-stated “Christian Values”. 

While I personally don't give creedence to that Bronze Age ideology, could someone who does present a reasonable case that Mr Trump ISN’T the Antichrist? This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 23, 2018 8:11 AM MDT
      June 23, 2018 6:06 AM MDT

Couple of his tweets in the past indicate him being anti God..

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2016/08/trump-tweets-god.jpg

June 23, 2018 8:47 AM MDT