Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Element 99
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So it isn't about color. It's about where you come from. A white* child immigrant from Norway is OK? Any Norwegians out there seek asylum?

So it isn't about color. It's about where you come from. A white* child immigrant from Norway is OK? Any Norwegians out there seek asylum?

* I think Norwegians are almost all white. Not much color there. Why flee from a splendid homeland? Why would anyone do that? You flee from terror, torture, rape and possible/probable/inevitable death. To flee to a place where survival and safety WERE PURPORTEDLY available back in the day. When you find it's just as bad or worse as what you left behind what do you do?

Posted - June 23, 2018

Responses

Not everyone who immigrates to USA does it for safety reasons.
      June 23, 2018 7:09 AM MDT

The same with Canadians, Rosie...except they want to keep us out.
      June 24, 2018 9:55 AM MDT

I LOVE Canada Ele. I know I could be happy living there anywhere. I don't blame them. We avoided the draft by running away to Canada. We don't send our best to them? We send terrible people there. Why would they be okay with THAT? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      June 25, 2018 5:38 AM MDT

You might get a kick out of this.

June 25, 2018 6:44 AM MDT

I would if I could hear it Ele. Dam! I just turned on the microphone and its dead! Thank you for your reply and I'm gonna try to figure out why it died. The light is on but I can't hear light. Hah. I'm gonna ask if anyone hears colors or pictures.
      June 25, 2018 6:56 AM MDT

You might want to post that in 'Outside the Mug'. You'll get more readers.
      June 25, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

No I can't sweetie. Just Asking told me months ago...well, she asked...if it would be okay with me to have my own space on Answermug. The reason she gave is that my questions are often complex and people like you didn't know in which classification to put them and so I was driving you and others  BONKERS. Of course by so doing she also removed me from the mainstream which is fine with me.  So every question I ask of necessity is found in my little corner of Answermug. And you know what? I LIKE it better. This way people seek me out or ignore me and I do not have to deal with the normal jacka**es that I used to. Now on occasion they show up too but I just delete them. I simply do not read anything they post. Frankly I'd far rather have five good conversations daily than 100 crappy ones. Volume/quantity is of no value to me. Quality is what I seek and that is what I blissfully enjoy mostly. I thought you knew all about that Ele? You are one of the Answermug monitors who roam the site to do what's right right? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 25, 2018 7:09 AM MDT

I am a monitor, but my job is to put questions in the proper categories. I do nothing else. I did not know the mainmug was off limits for you. Can you go there and answer questions?
      June 25, 2018 7:14 AM MDT

Oh sure. I can go anywhere I want to go on Answermug Ele. Also just to clarify it Just Asking didn't FORBID me from selecting other categories. But she did tell me the why of her idea to isolate me and it's fine with me. It saves me tons of time trying to figure out where the he** to put a question I ask and you never have to reclassify me any more right? My corner is a smorgasbord/potpourri of whatever occurs to me and it makes my life a lot simpler. I'm basically a simple person. I go for simplicity whenever it is offered to me. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 26, 2018 3:59 AM MDT