Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How much money have you thrown away on gym memberships and/or home exercise equipment that you never used? ~

How much money have you thrown away on gym memberships and/or home exercise equipment that you never used? ~

Posted - June 30, 2018

Responses

Welllll hmm now you have uncovered a secret, yes, I have been known to do that. I always bought the latest thing advertised and then never used it... exercise bike, stepper....  I do now have a running machine and I did use that a lot more than anything else.. but then seemed not to be able to find the time.. I fully intend to use it... really I do 
      July 1, 2018 1:43 AM MDT

Thank you. Approximately how many pounds and/or Euros have you spent on it all?
    ~
      July 1, 2018 5:00 AM MDT

I use all my home exercise equipment daily and in return I'm treated very well....I've always from day one been pleased with the results form them and wouldn't part with then for the world...:)D
      July 1, 2018 2:35 AM MDT

I've never spent a cent on gym memberships or exercise equipment.   No need.  Why pay to use/own a treadmill when I can walk in the woods behind my house (complete with flat and hilly terrain)?  Walking among trees is much more mentally relaxing, plus it's in the fresh air  Why pay to use/own a treadmill when I have numerous stairs all over my yard?  Why pay for fancy lifting, rowing machines, or kettlebells and other equipment when gardening and yard work do just as well?   Plus you get the reward of beauty and healthy food.
      July 1, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

More than I can recall, but I stopped doing that a long time ago when I finally gave in and admitted that I am not an exerciser.  I will choose to believe that "fluffy" is beautiful.
      July 1, 2018 10:38 AM MDT

I love to work out and always feel better when I do.  But the surroundings mean a lot.  Gyms just gross me out now. 
      July 1, 2018 3:56 PM MDT

That's great if you enjoy exercising.  I personally don't, so it was always a chore for me and I hate doing chores. :)
      July 1, 2018 4:26 PM MDT

I'm doing fairly well in that I haven't thrown away money- - I use the stuff when I buy it. I have a Bowflex machine which I use (but I admit I don't use it really regularly like I have done in the past. I've recently started back up a bit).
    I'm built OK but, oh, to have the build of this guy!
    :)

Image result for bowflex This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 4, 2018 12:22 PM MDT
      July 1, 2018 11:19 AM MDT

This seems nice.  Having an elliptical would be nice as well, and a mirror along one wall of the dance floor.  hahaha Why not have a good sound system as well with the top Zumba music ready to roll. 
      July 1, 2018 3:55 PM MDT

Yes!
    This machine can do an all-body weight workout, too --  not just legs as shown here.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 1, 2018 3:59 PM MDT
      July 1, 2018 3:57 PM MDT

None actually. 
      July 1, 2018 11:20 AM MDT

Nothing in my house.  I don't go to the bacteria breeding grounds called gyms any longer.  I gag when I think of someone getting off a piece of equipment and leaving their pool of sweat behind on it. 
    OMG, and the debris floating in the pool water where the chemicals eat up your bathing suit in three months. No thanks.  The only thing I might begin again is Zumba.  You don't have to touch anything,
    Just dance around then leave. 
      July 1, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

(The gym I take classes at requires each individual to clean the equipment after every time he or she uses it.)

July 1, 2018 3:58 PM MDT

Nothing. My family members use them. Lol
      July 1, 2018 7:27 PM MDT

I have two dinosaurs in my place
    that I never use any more...Hmmmm,
    anyway, around a thousand.
      July 4, 2018 12:20 PM MDT

None - don't need them to obtain sufficient physical exercise through staying active in other ways, including my hobbies.
      July 19, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

None really. I joined a gym 3 years ago and starting working with a personal trainer. This is the best money I ever spent and I wish I hadn't waited so late in life to start. I do cardio most days and twice a week the trainer and I work on strength, core, balance and flexibility. People who think exercise is just for weight control are bound to get discouraged because no amount of exercise can make up for a poor diet. I am motivated by seeing all the things I can do now that I couldn't do before I started. I do not intend to end up in assisted living because I can't get up out of my chair. 
      July 19, 2018 5:54 PM MDT