Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Would you have an aquarium/fish tank in your bathroom?

Would you have an aquarium/fish tank in your bathroom?

I ask this because... I saw this picture of a lady in the bath staring at an aquarium and I thought hmmmmm maybe... fish are relaxing to watch, baths are relaxing. If you have something relaxing to watch - all the better :)

https://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/en/Products/Aquariums/Rio-Line-LED/Rio-180-LED/

Posted - July 2, 2018

Responses

And to think I have a framed photo of this "Psycho" Janet Leigh image on the wall right next to my shower . . .

No wonder I'm a mess.
    :)

Image result for janet leigh psycho This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 2, 2018 3:09 PM MDT
      July 2, 2018 8:31 AM MDT

Our bathroom is quite small, so no. I would never think of doing that anyway.
      July 2, 2018 8:43 AM MDT

Wher's your imagination, you could have a small one - tank that is.. I even saw a fish tank that was made out of an old fashioned toilet cistern.. 
      July 2, 2018 9:21 AM MDT

Since fish tanks require a pump, that means introducing an electrical wire near the bath tub. Two local children died when they pulled a radio into their bath. ZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP!!
      July 2, 2018 5:02 PM MDT

No, as they would die in my bathroom.  Besides, there's barely room enough for me in there as it is, let alone with a fish tank (even a tiny one).
      July 2, 2018 10:56 AM MDT

No. There is room but behind the tub so I could not see them. 
    We have a couple tanks in living room. Just got a melted glass over driftwood that we are getting ready to set up. Planning on a huge version of the betta vase. 
      July 2, 2018 11:00 AM MDT

Sure. It would be great in the event you run out of magazines. ;)
      July 2, 2018 12:41 PM MDT

There used to be a TV program about two guys who built massive aquarium's in private homes and businesses.  They were amazing and built one in someone's floor once, a rock star I think.  Watched every episode I could.  You can put an aquarium anywhere and any size you desire if you have the resources and have someone who will take care of them. Can't even imagine how to go about cleaning one of those. They are worth it however as they are very relaxing.  
      July 2, 2018 2:01 PM MDT

its a good idea .... but only for special houses
      July 2, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

I'd love to have an aquarium but I wouldn't put it in the bathroom.  It's a little too close things that flush and things that have drains.
      July 2, 2018 2:55 PM MDT

How about a tub with a glass bottom view to the Ocean?

July 2, 2018 3:12 PM MDT

I wouldn't be able to set it up properly and I'd probably kill the fish. :/  I really love aquariums, but it always seems they're too small for the fish inside. If money was no object, I could see me having one, but I'd want it to be something big, you know? Like, with a full little ecosystem in there and plenty of space for them to dart about. And, of course, I'd need a professional and ethical aquarium designer as well as someone who knew how to care for the fish to come in and do the cleaning/ monitoring of it. That really would be heaven to me. I could watch it all day. Alas, I've never kept fish alive for more than a couple months, so I just couldn't see myself doing that to a new group. 

Mmm... you know what else would be really nice? A koi pond. I have wanted one for decades. I knew someone who had one here in AZ some time ago, so I know they can be healthy and thrive here, but I can't imagine the install costs and upkeep. Bah. 
      July 2, 2018 3:28 PM MDT