Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » I had to* go commando for part of the day due to having forgotten to take a clean pair of underwear with me to the gym.

I had to* go commando for part of the day due to having forgotten to take a clean pair of underwear with me to the gym.

*After exercising, I went to the locker room at my workplace to shower, change into my clothes and go to work.  When I discovered that I had no clean undies, I was faced with some choices. 

1 Put back on the same set of dirty, stinky, sweaty, wet workout clothes that I had just taken off, then drive to the nearest store to buy underwear, go back to the locker room, shower, change clothes, and be about 45 minutes to an hour late for work. (There are no stores nearby my worksite that sell clothing.)

2 Put back on the same set of dirty, stinky, sweaty, wet workout clothes that I had just taken off, then drive home, shower, change clothes, drive back to work and be about an hour and a half late for work.

3 Shower, put back on the same pair of dirty, stinky, sweaty, wet underwear that I had just taken off, then put on my work attire over it and go to work. I'd be on time for work, but I might stink all day. 

4 Shower, go commando [ewwwww], put on my work attire and go to work. I'd be on time for work, but I might be uncomfortable all day.  I'm not accustomed to going commando. 

I choseCurtain NumberFour. I hated everyminuteof it; Iwasdanglingalloverthe place, floppingfromlefttorightalldaylong, andIhadanxietythateveryone who saw me knew what was loose down south. 

That's the set-up, and here's the question: Have you ever ever had to go against type, either going commando when you're not accustomed to it, or having to wear underwear when you usually go commando?

~

Posted - July 8, 2018

Responses

As everyone knows we Scots prefer commando in our kilts, but if there are minors or maiden aunts present at vigorous dances then discretion is the better part of valour. 
      July 8, 2018 4:40 PM MDT

So in your case, if you've ever had to wear underwear when you usually go commando, or if it ever happens in the future, what are your thoughts about going against your usual grain?
    ~
      July 8, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

At family ceilidhs as they as called, I'd far rather give my kilt a good fling than have to deal with complaints about a bare bum. 
      July 9, 2018 2:54 AM MDT

I go commando more than I wear underwear. I dont like to do laundry and my lady parts prefer the fresh air.
      July 8, 2018 4:47 PM MDT

So in your case, if you've ever had to wear underwear when you preferred go commando, or if it ever happens again in the future, what are your thoughts about going against your usual grain?

~
      July 8, 2018 5:04 PM MDT

Ill make a bon fire out of my underwear.
      July 8, 2018 5:24 PM MDT

Teasing me again?...I am always commando. Even at -10F. Shrinkage.
      July 8, 2018 7:30 PM MDT

just bring it with you next time
      July 8, 2018 4:58 PM MDT

I hope you know only big girls wear undies sailor......just pay mind never ever to accidentally drop the soap when you're have all those showers ...... In or with the Jim......:( 
      July 8, 2018 5:31 PM MDT

Just call in sick and take a three hour bath.
      July 8, 2018 7:32 PM MDT

(three-hour)

I was already at work. 

~
      July 8, 2018 8:09 PM MDT

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :D
      July 8, 2018 8:40 PM MDT

I'm still puzzling over the difference between 3 and 5. But thanks for sharing.  As for what I do or don't do in the underwear department, let's just say that I dislike VPL.
      July 8, 2018 7:33 PM MDT

You're right about numbers 3 and 5 being the same, so I've just edited the post. Thanks for catching that error. 
    ~
      July 8, 2018 11:48 PM MDT

...and that's why I don't go to the gym. Too much room for something to go wrong. D:

I float back and forth with relative indifference, but then again, I'm rarely in professional situations. I suspect I'd be rather uncomfortable going commando in a business meeting IRL. Going to the store or conducting business online... meh. Either way. 
      July 9, 2018 12:28 AM MDT

I dislike going commando under zippered trousers. I still can't understand why Uncle Remus was smiling in Song of the South, zippering de doodah hurts quite a lot.
    However, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Shower with your undies on and dry them under the hand dryer.
      July 9, 2018 1:42 AM MDT

Lol!
    ~
      July 9, 2018 5:25 AM MDT