Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » how do you get a neighbor to stop cranking up the music?

how do you get a neighbor to stop cranking up the music?

I have a neighbor under me thats doing that, whats bad is hes doing it in the middle of the night too, ive had to call the police at 3:30am to shut it off, this wknd i heard it at 1am, i wouldve called the cops but he shut it off on his own. Im tired of his loud music, i have told the apt manager about it, any suggestions? wish theyd kick him out.

Posted - July 9, 2018

Responses

It sounds like you are doing all the right things... reporting it to the police and the appt manager.. other than that you could try talking to the neighbour and/or writing them a note about how much it affects you? 
      July 9, 2018 11:01 AM MDT

i did leave a note without my name on it since ive been calling the police about it
      July 9, 2018 1:24 PM MDT

Ear plugs. It sounds like you live in a noisy apartment. You've had to deal with construction, neighbors who talk too loud, and now loud music. At this point, it may make more sense to control what you can and either get earplugs or play some ambient noise to drown out the other sounds. 
      July 9, 2018 11:05 AM MDT

i heard it even though i was wearing earplugs and running a fan, at 3:30am theres no excuse for that
      July 9, 2018 1:26 PM MDT

Well, it sounds like you've done all you can. If he's breaking the law (noise ordinances), just keep calling the police each time he does it. 
      July 9, 2018 1:29 PM MDT

I have never had an apartment without noisy neighbors. We had one who liked to play drum late at night. Don't know who it was for sure as we had 4 apartments above. And the one directly above had teens in it who got home late. They weren't loud music wise or other but it sounded like a herd of elephants going up the stairs....that was our joke. "The elephants are home."
    We did hit the ceiling as few times when they got loud....did not help. But if they had gotten too loud we would have called the police. Which is what I would recommend for you to keep doing.
      July 9, 2018 3:53 PM MDT

Be thankful that you have contented neighbors.
      July 9, 2018 4:21 PM MDT

I just cranked up my Spice Girls CD's louder than whatever he was playing. 
      July 9, 2018 11:57 PM MDT

Record it, then play it back at distortion levels the next morning when he's trying to sleep off his hangover.
      July 10, 2018 2:44 AM MDT

In addition to calling the cops and the apartment manager ... EVERY time ... IF your apartment has a 24/7 maintenance line, call that at 3am in the morning (or whenever it happens).  Also, get you other neighbors to call with complaints.
      July 10, 2018 8:14 AM MDT