Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do those who get scammed on facebook deserve it? Personally, I think it is hilarious.

Do those who get scammed on facebook deserve it? Personally, I think it is hilarious.

Posted - July 12, 2018

Responses

I hope people aren't losing more than their dignity from sharing that crap. 

If crap is considered a "bad word", please edit this for me. I don't need another warning letter in my inbox! 
      July 12, 2018 3:10 PM MDT

I rarely laugh at another's misfortune.
      July 12, 2018 7:28 AM MDT

So funny.  Just hilarious.

kind of like getting scammed on Answer Bag.
      July 12, 2018 8:56 AM MDT

Excuse me, Sharrona; I faithfully send my $50 a week to the AnswerMug Tilde Sweepstakes Fund, and I know that one day it will pay off. Please don't disparage a good thing. 
    ~
      July 12, 2018 9:49 AM MDT

Randy D's one-step plan for avoiding FaceBook schemes: don't have a FaceBook account.

Problem solved.
    ~
      July 12, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

YAY...
      July 12, 2018 10:27 AM MDT

Typical me... always like to be the odd one out.. I LOVE facebook and while I have had many a scam attempt on dating sites and chat sites and even a question and answer site.. I have never had anyone even remotely try to scam me on facebook. 

I keep saying this but facebook is just a tool.. we use it how we want to, we don't let it control us.. If you have your settings right then honestly you can post whatever you like.. and only specific people can see it.. It's not like everyone can see it, it's not like, if you are careful about your settings, your boss can see it... I could happily post naked pics of myself there to scare people but it wouldn't matter as no one other than those I choose can see it.. 

Facebook is like anything.. if you are someone who is vulnerable then you are in danger of being scammed anywhere online, Facebook isn't more, or less likely to get you scammed... you have to be aware of what you are doing and the limitations..   It pays to be careful who you choose to add.. I have people I've met online there.. loads of them, some are recent, but most are people I have known over 20 years and they've proved themselves enough for me to know I can trust them.. 

Signed a loyal facebook fan :)
      July 12, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

I have no need for a facebook account. This one takes up much of my time.
      July 12, 2018 2:19 PM MDT

Deserve it? Only if it's NOT you.
      July 12, 2018 10:36 AM MDT

It never will...no account.
      July 12, 2018 2:20 PM MDT

You're no account, El?
    :(
      July 12, 2018 7:36 PM MDT

And talking of which... my latest experience with a scammer was just this week.... this guy sent me a pic of his 'son' looking perfectly ok apart from this large sticking plaster (do you call it bandage?) on his forehead.. Could I help him with his son who has broken his head.. hmmm 

It wasn't on facebook though
      July 12, 2018 10:53 AM MDT

I used to use Facebook as a marketing tool.
    Nobody deserves to be scammed, many elderly people or those with disabilities are a little naïve when it comes to computers and can be sucked in - to them it can be their only window to the world.
      July 12, 2018 3:48 PM MDT