Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » French prez Macron called trump a LIAR in so many words. Said that some of what trump said wasn't true. Does trump DOUBLE DOWN /DOUBLE LIE?

French prez Macron called trump a LIAR in so many words. Said that some of what trump said wasn't true. Does trump DOUBLE DOWN /DOUBLE LIE?

Posted - July 13, 2018

Responses

Why can't one of these "dignitaries" come out and say it to his face in words he can (might?) understand -  You, sir, are a big fat liar!  Why do they "dumb it down"?  Is it because they know that Trump thinks they're praising him when they use "so many words" to tell him he's a lying a$$?  
      July 13, 2018 8:17 AM MDT

But the fault there lies with Trump and his stupidity and inability to work out when he is insulted because he's stupid... the fault lies not with those who are being diplomatic.. after all that's how a diplomat should be.. representing their country and setting a good example.
      July 13, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

True.  But wouldn't it be awesome if someone actually did say it to him?  Of course, I doubt if he'd even notice.  He'd be too busy admiring himself.
      July 13, 2018 12:38 PM MDT

:):):)
      July 14, 2018 3:04 AM MDT

July 14, 2018 3:05 AM MDT

Theresa May was unbelievably gracious yesterday despite trump's having eviscerated her in some article prior to the elegant state dinner she held  in his honor. I think classy leaders try very hard to be diplomatic. They are working with a grenade whose pin was pulled  long ago. They don't know when he will explode so I think they are walking on eggshells to mix metaphors. Every once in awhile someone like Macron will tell the truth.  But trump is such a boorish unmannerly arrogant ignorant soulless evil old fat man he doesn't know how to be a leader. The people of England speak the truth. The protests were massive. They despise him as most  Americans do. But you know what Shuhak? I felt bad for an instant that an American president would be so hated he would be ridiculed like that. Of course trump deserves it. He IS A BABY. A WHINY CRYBABY. So it was truth being flown above London. Of course trump and his supporters can't handle the truth so they keep working on crushing it 24/7. Sad that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 14, 2018 9:15 AM MDT
      July 14, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

You feel bad for that instant as you love your country.  It used to be that when someone or some country insulted the president of the US they insulted its citizens as well.  BUt with trump, when he gets insulted we kind of feel glad (he deserves it), yet despite him, we still love our country.
      July 14, 2018 8:17 AM MDT

You nailed it m'dear. You stated it perfectly. Better than I could. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! SIGH. :(
      July 14, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

Macron is a diplomat.. he has manners... but yes, that is polite speak for you are a lying whatsit. 
      July 13, 2018 12:11 PM MDT

Remember how kissy facey the two of them were a coupla months ago? They couldn't keep their hands off each other? That was Macron PLAYING trump for all he was worth. Then Macron fell out of favor because he is independent and works for his country's best interests. SIGH. Eventually the smooth classy polish will wear off and all of the world leaders will say what they really think about the whiny crybaby in nappies. I await that day with 'bated" breath so to speak. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      July 14, 2018 3:08 AM MDT

Does not matter....they have agreed to pay more for NATO...that is what matters. 
    www.nationalreview.com/news/nato-defense-spending-increases-pledged/
      July 13, 2018 12:37 PM MDT

Exactly. ;)
      July 13, 2018 12:41 PM MDT

LOL hate to disappoint you.. but that's spin.. Strumpet says Macron and others agreed, THEY say Trump acted, (typically) like a madman, with utter rudeness interrupting and hijacking meetings that were NOT agenda'd to be about that.. and THEY say that they have NOT committed to pay more... So as usual all in Trump's mind or all in his need to believe what suits him.

'The president, who repeatedly accused Europe and Canada of freeloading from the US taxpayer for their security, heaped praise on himself for pressuring the alliance into action, even though no new spending commitments were announced.'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/president-stuns-allies-into-silence-with-threats-over-nato-spending-kbcm5kgw8
    This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at July 14, 2018 3:08 AM MDT
      July 13, 2018 1:29 PM MDT

Someone is definately spinning....I guess we will know for sure when the real numbers come out and show if the NATO members increase their spending or not. 
    But currently only a few pay their part that much we know. This post was edited by my2cents at July 13, 2018 2:34 PM MDT
      July 13, 2018 2:07 PM MDT

UK pays over 2 % but we still got nasty letters...  

Thing is.. our mainstream newspapers dont suffer from the hype and lies thing.. they have to report the truth.. and are held accountable if they don't present facts..  Whereas we know Trump will say one thing and then say he didn't .. and he has a track record of misleading people 
      July 13, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

Just found this. It must be in Macron's head also:

“Everyone agreed to raise spending, in line with commitments made in 2014,” Macron added, referring to NATO countries’ pledge that year to move toward spending 2% of the GDP on defense within 10 years. “I think NATO has emerged from these last few days much stronger."

https://www.france24.com/en/20180712-nato-summit-trump-defence-spending-crisis-special-session

So spending increases were agreed to by all....as quoted by BOTH President Trump and PM Macron..... This post was edited by my2cents at July 13, 2018 2:35 PM MDT
      July 13, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

Wishful thinking... I couldn't see the link as it said it's unsafe..  I looked at lots of other sources.. from a general search on has Macron agreed to increase spending NATO - the consensus, (which is what I always go on, rather than one source) casts doubt on the success Trump claims he has had.. The target of 2% was agreed in 2014.. but many or most have not been paying that... they haven't been paying it for these last 4 years.. they have another 6 years JUST to do what they said they would do years ago.. HARDLY a rip-roaring success and very certainly NOT as Trump claims massive increases. 
      July 13, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

It has to do with AM. Copy the link and paste it. Then remove the "s" in the https: and it should work.

Try this one:
    "We have agreed we have to make good on pledges we have made,' he said, referencing the 2014 commitment. 'The fact is that we have a clear commitment to increase defense spending and we all agree that we have to deliver on that,' he told CNN's Christian Amanpour.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5945059/Rattling-NATO-Trump-attacks-nations-ties-Russia.html

R
    euters also reports the same quote.....

Just copy the quote and google it and take your pick.  This post was edited by my2cents at July 13, 2018 6:16 PM MDT
      July 13, 2018 6:00 PM MDT

I see where you are coming from..and we haven't disagreed that some nations have promised to pay the amount they promised years ago...  but the point is.. it's not living up to what Trump said.. massive increases over and above... it's JUST promising to keep a promise they made in 2014... isn't it...  and who's to say that if they promised before..and didn't do it... that they won't just promise again and fail to deliver.... 

We know that the EU wants to protect themselves rather than rely on America..   I don't include UK in that. 
    Personally, as you know I believe they SHOULD pay the agreed amount of 2% but 
      July 14, 2018 3:21 AM MDT

Then it is word games. The 24 members who are not spending the 2% have agreed to spend what they are sopposed to be spending. That is a win for Trump in my opinion. So he asked about 4%.....and got got them to comply with the 2%.....that is how you have to do it. The Art of the Deal.
    And if the EU wants to defend themselves then they had darn well start spending it.  Personally I think every country should be able to defend themselves.
      July 14, 2018 5:06 AM MDT

Agreed word games.. my point is.. Trump is using words which misrepresent the picture, he is making false claims, lying if you like.. That's what I object to.. it's wrong and that the leader of an entire nation should engage in such boasting, lying or misrepresentations worries me.. it worries m because anyone who can lie to his own people is not someone who should be leading :(

I WANT the other nations to pay their fair share.. we do, although it didn't stop Trump, quite ignorantly imo, hassling us about money, but all we really have is a re-promise to meet their promise.. it's not guaranteed and certainly nothing to shout about.. 

If the art of the deal, (which was entirely written by someone else who now regrets the lies he had to tell) means lying, making false claims and using boorish, ill-mannered tactics then that's no art.. it's just ill-mannered and once we accept that kind of behaviour it's a message for civilisation to behave equally in a lying, selfish, bullying way... 

I think the EU's plan was to set up their own NATO.. and I suspect they'd be happy with paying that - I exclude UK from that 
      July 14, 2018 5:16 AM MDT

It accomplished what was needed....
      July 14, 2018 8:09 AM MDT

July 14, 2018 3:09 AM MDT