Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is there a solid "Yep! Jes' like the devil", in life?

Is there a solid "Yep! Jes' like the devil", in life?

Posted - July 17, 2018

Responses

There's definitely such a thing as a solid yep.. but there is no certainty and much disbelief that there even is a devil, much less that he/she/it is real or solid in life
      July 17, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

You can not adequately explain human history without supposing the existence of a devil.
      July 17, 2018 11:03 PM MDT

I am afraid one very much CAN explain human existence and  LOT besides without even entertaining the idea, let alone the existence of either a devil OR GOD.... But I know enough to know that whatever I say, however much I explain and present science you, and those who believe similarly will never accept it.. SO I would be wasting my time. 
      July 18, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

If you don't believe something, it doesn't make sense by definition. But that doesn't mean it's not so.
      July 18, 2018 10:49 AM MDT

Ahh that old chestnut.. now didn't I just say I wouldn't get into this because I know even if I gave you a ton of evidence you would still say green is purple. :P 
    But your statement there I CAN deal with.. \Logically, just because I am aware that there is ample evidence, (not opinion here and there is a difference between opinion and evidence) that man could very well exist without god or the devil.. there is NOTHING in there that would, or should lead you to make a generalised statement assuming that this is about belief, (Imo you believe despite lack of evidence and despite evidence to the contrary but that's up to you). Interestingly, when you say my not believing because something doesn't make sense etc.. well neither does it make it SO. 
      July 18, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

Sure there is.  When slang is done appropriately, if there is such a thing as appropriate-slang, then so be it. 
    Thou shall be granted the usage of such wordage combined together.
    ... It's all in the context!
      July 17, 2018 4:58 PM MDT

1 Samuel 28
    7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.
    8 And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee.
    9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
    10 And Saul sware to her by the Lord, saying, As the Lord liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing.
    11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

Saul was head and shoulders taller than any other man, but this woman didn't know who he was. Only one man could have made the promise in verse 10, and she STILL didn't know who he was. When people are inspired by a devil spirit, they get awfully stupid.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

"Delivered unto me," get it? Satan is the god of earthly authority. 

So that explains a lot about stupid politics.
      July 17, 2018 8:09 PM MDT

If you  paint a goat a dark shade of red it might look a bit 'Jes like the devil'.
      July 17, 2018 8:52 PM MDT

You have no way of knowing what the devil looks like.
      July 17, 2018 11:05 PM MDT

In ancient times people would confess their sins into a vessel of blood then the blood smeared onto a goat then the goat driven away into the wilderness removing the sins far away from the people. Then 'course it was believed that the goat could absorb all these sins thus causing it to turn into a very evil beast; that is how the devil was invented. 
      July 17, 2018 11:35 PM MDT

anything is possible
      August 7, 2018 4:22 PM MDT